The Concept of Implementing NFC Identification Technology for Transporting and Monitoring of Biological Samples
- 66 Downloads
This article deals with the implementation of NFC technology as an instrument for monitoring the transport of biological samples from sampling point to laboratory. The aim is to accelerate and digitize processes associated with identifying, sampling and transporting samples for laboratory testing. This article includes a proposal of hardware solution for NFC technology linked with a software proposal and measurement verification. In the hardware solution, transport rout, components and technology are comprehensively described. In the software solution, patient information sentence has been proposed, which includes all information written to NFC tag. Patient information sentence is consist from 130 characters and writes to NTAG 213 NFC Transponder on laboratory tube. Part of this article also includes the results of realized experiments verifying the implementation of NFC technology. In this article, we have tried to present a common variant of a simple freely available NFC technology.
KeywordsBiological sample Transport NFC technology Identification
This article was created to support the project named EUREKA-E!11158 U-health – Auto-ID technology and the Internet of Things to enhance the quality of health services.
- 1.Husár, J., & Knapčíková, L. (2017). Automatic identification systems (1st ed.). Košice: TUKE.Google Scholar
- 2.About NFC, http://www.nearfieldcommunication.org/about-nfc.html, last accessed 2019/05/10.
- 3.Al-Ofeishat, H. A., & Al Rababah, A. A. (2012). Near field communication (NFC). International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 12(2), 93–99.Google Scholar
- 4.History of Near Field Communication, http://www.nearfieldcommunication.org/history-nfc.html, last accessed 2019/05/07.
- 5.Host-based Card Emulation, http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/nfc/hce.html, last accessed 2019/05/10.
- 6.Zidek, K., & Hošovsky, A. (2014). Wireless device based on MEMS sensors and bluetooth low energy (LE/smart) technology for diagnostics of mechatronic systems, design. Testing and Characteristics of Mechatronic Devices, 460, 13–21.Google Scholar
- 7.National Transfusion Service of the Slovak Republic, http://www.ntssr.sk/o-darovani-krvi/preco-darovat-krv, last accessed 2019/05/08.
- 8.Blood collection for laboratory examination, http://www.nsplm.sk/dokumenty/odber%20krvi.pdf, last accessed 2019/05/08.
- 9.Blood collection, http://www.schneider-laboratoria.sk/70.html, last accessed 2019/05/09.
- 10.Principles of biological material sampling, transport and storage, http://www.synlab.sk/fileadmin/standortseiten/synlab_sk/pdf/ostatne/zasady-odberu-vzoriek.pdf, last accessed 2019/05/10.