Performance Evaluation of V2V and V2R Communication Based on 2-Wavelength Cognitive Wireless Network on Road State Information GIS Platform
In this paper, performance evaluation of V2V and V2I communication introduces cognitive wireless communication method which is designed for exchanging of road sensing information between the vehicle and vehicle and roadside server system for gathering and sharing road state information. N-wavelength wireless cognitive network method is applied to improve the network performance over the conventional wireless network. In our system, as basic control link, 920 MHz and 2.4 GHz and 5.6 GHz bands as data link are used. By combining those wireless links, both long distance and highspeed data transmission are attained at the same time. The prototype system of road state information system is constructed to evaluate and compare the network performance with the conventional single wireless network.
This research was supported by Strategic Information and Communications R&D Promotion Program (SCOPE) No. 181502003, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan.
- 1.Taxonomy and Definitions for Terms Related to Driving Automation Systems for On-Road Motor Vehicles J3016_201806, SAE International (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Du, Y., Liu, C., Wu, D., Jiang, S.: Measurement of international roughness index by using Z-axis accelerometers and GPS. Math. Probl. Eng. 2014, 1–10 (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Casselgren, J., Rosendahl, S., Eliasson, J.: Road surface information system. In: Proceedings of the 16th SIRWEC Conference (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Hull, B., et al.: CarTel: a distributed mobile sensor computing system. In: Proceedings of the 4th Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Tsuboi, T., Yamada, J., Yamauchi, N., Hayashi, M.: Dual receiver communication system for DSRC. In: Proceedings of 2008 2nd International Conference on Future Generation Communication and Networking, pp. 459–464 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Ito, K., Hashimoto, K., Shibata, Y.: V2X communication system for sharing road alert information using cognitive network. In: Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Awareness Science and Technology, pp. 533–538 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Ito, K., Hirakawa, G., Shibata, Y.: Experimentation of V2X communication in real environment for road alart information sharing system. In: IEEE AINA 2015, pp. 711–716, March 2015Google Scholar
- 8.Ito, K., Hirakawa, G., Shibata, Y.: Estimation of communication range using Wi-Fi for V2X communication environment. In: The 10th International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems, (CISIS 2016), pp. 278–283. Institute of Technology, Fukuoka, July 2016Google Scholar
- 9.Ito, K., Hashimoto, K., Shibata, Y.: V2X communication system for sharing road alert information using cognitive network. In: The 8th International Conference on Awareness Science and Technology, (iCAST 2017), CD-ROM (2017)Google Scholar