Application of Perceptual Features for User Authentication in Distributed Systems
This paper will present selected approaches based on cognitive solutions for creation security procedures and cryptographic protocols. In particular will be described the ways of using perceptual and cognitive features in creation of secure protocols, oriented on user authentication and data management. The new areas of cognitive cryptography will be also described, which offer a new possibilities in security areas oriented on application of perceptual features and personal characteristics.
KeywordsCognitive authentication Security protocols Cryptographic protocols
This work has been supported by the National Science Centre, Poland, under project number DEC-2016/23/B/HS4/00616. This work has been supported by the AGH University of Science and Technology research Grant No 22.214.171.1243.
- 1.Ogiela, M.R., Ogiela, L.: On using cognitive models in cryptography. In: IEEE AINA 2016 -The IEEE 30th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, Crans-Montana, Switzerland, 23–25 March, pp. 1055–1058 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Ogiela, M.R., Ogiela, L.: Cognitive keys in personalized cryptography. In: IEEE AINA 2017 The 31st IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, Taipei, Taiwan, 27–29 March, pp. 1050–1054 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Meiappane, A., Premanand, V.: CAPTCHA as Graphical Passwords - A New Security Primitive: Based on Hard AI Problems. Scholars’ Press (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Ogiela, M.R., Ogiela, L., Ogiela, U.: Biometric methods for advanced strategic data sharing protocols. In: The Ninth International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (IMIS-2015), July 8–10, Blumenau, Brazil, pp. 179–183 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1109/imis.2015.29
- 7.Ogiela, L., Ogiela, M.R.: Bio-inspired cryptographic techniques in information management applications. In: IEEE AINA 2016 - The IEEE 30th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, Crans-Montana, Switzerland, 23–25 March, pp. 1059–1063 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Ogiela, M.R., Ogiela, U.: Secure information management in hierarchical structures. In: Kim, T.-H., et al. (eds.) AST 2011. CCIS, vol. 195, pp. 31–35. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Ogiela, L., Ogiela, M.R., Ogiela, U.: Efficiency of strategic data sharing and management protocols. In: The 10th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (IMIS-2016), 6–8 July, Fukuoka, Japan, pp. 198–201 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/imis.2016.119
- 13.Easttom, Ch.: Modern Cryptography: Applied Mathematics for Encryption and Information Security. McGraw-Hill Education, New York (2015)Google Scholar