Modeling of Non-verbal Behaviors of Students in Cooperative Learning by Using OpenPose
- 261 Downloads
In this paper, we discuss the modeling for the interactions between non-verbal behaviors of “teaching/learning” students in the cooperative learning. First, we adopt the positions eyes, face and hands detected by OpenPose  as a skeleton detection algorithm by a single camera. Next, we propose a modeling method for non-verbal behaviors based on neural networks. Furthermore, we discuss the modeling results for the interactions between non-verbal behaviors of students based on the internal presentations in the above models.
KeywordsCooperative learning Student Non-verbal behavior Modeling Neural network OpenPose
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Numbers 19K12261 and 19K03095. The authors would like to thank for the valuable and inspire comments of the reviewers.
- 1.Sugie, S.: An invitation to cooperative learning. Nakanishiya (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Johnson, D.W., Johnson, R.T.: Circles of Learning: Cooperation in the Classroom. Interaction Book Co., Edina (1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Otsuka, K., Araki, S., Ishizuka, K., Fujimoto, M., Heinrich, M., Yamato, J.: A realtime multimodal system for analyzing group meetings by combining face pose tracking and speaker diarization. In: Proceedings of ICMI, pp. 257–264 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Shinnishi, M., Kasuya, Y., Inamoto, H.: Wi-Wi-Meter: a prototype system of evaluating meeting by measuring of activity. IEICE Technical report. HCS2014-63, pp. 19–24 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Watanabe, E., Ozeki, T., Kohama, T.: Analysis of non-verbal behaviors by students in cooperative learning. In: Yoshino, T., Chen, G.-D., Zurita, G., Yuizono, T., Inoue, T., Baloian, N. (eds.) CollabTech 2016. CCIS, vol. 647, pp. 203–211. Springer, Singapore (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-2618-8_16CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Cao, Z., Simon, S., Wei, S., Sheikh, Y.: Realtime multi-person 2D pose estimation using part affinity fields. https://arxiv.org/abs/1611.08050. Accessed 12 Dec 2018
- 8.Rumelhart, D.E., McClelland, J.L.: The PDP Research Group: Parallel Distributed Processing. MIT Press, Cambridge (1986) Google Scholar
- 10.Watanabe, E., Ozeki, T., Kohama, T.: Analysis of interactions between lecturer and students. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge, 5 pages (2018)Google Scholar