Technology Roadmap for Business Strategy and Innovation
Companies to meet the needs of a highly competitive global market are utilizing product families and platform-based product development to increase the diverse variety of demand, shorten lead-times, and reduce costs. Current research in the area of product family design focuses on a market-driven approach aiming to cost-savings to search for the margin of profit and market share. The technology roadmap approach to sustain the modern business process is in the stake. The overall findings show that in the global marketplace scenario, the normative-driven approach plays a key role to support sustainable business practices along with market-driven and technology-driven approaches.
KeywordsMarket-driven Technology-driven Normative-driven Business innovation
- 2.Porter, M.: Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance. Free Press, New York (1985)Google Scholar
- 4.Schmidt, A., Kunzmann, C.: Sustainable competency-oriented human resource development with ontology-based competency catalog. In: Cunningham, C. (eds.) eChallenge 2007, Den Haag (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Laat, B.D., McKibbin, S.: The effectiveness of technology roadmapping - Building a strategic vision. Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, Holland (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Kaplan, G.: New roadmap flags electronics industry roadblocks. Res. Technol. Manage. 44(3), 4–5 (2001)Google Scholar
- 15.Mallet, L., et al.: MAN.08 - the role of technological roadmaps in shaping the future strategy for Bio-Manguinhos. In: VI International Symposium on Immunobiologicals, VII Annual Scientífic and Technology Seminar (2018)Google Scholar