A Posture Planning Method in Clustered Synergy Subspace for HIT/DLR Hand II
In this paper, a dexterous hand posture planning method in clustered synergy subspace is proposed, and the HIT/DLR Hand II is used as verification platform. Firstly, posture dataset of the hand is obtained by recording the hand’s motion while human teleoperating it. Secondly, the synergy subspace of the hand is created by applying Gaussian process latent variable model on posture data. Thirdly, the data in synergy subspace is further clustered by K-means, because similarities between different postures can be predicted from their inter-distance in synergy subspace. Finally, posture of the dexterous hand is generated from the synergy-level data in specific cluster instead of the whole subspace. To evaluate the method proposed in this paper, comparation of posture reconstruction error between this method and directly posture planning in synergy space is shown. The results show that method proposed in this paper is more accurate and anthropomorphic, and the control paraments of the hand have been considerable reduced.
KeywordsDexterous hands Posture planning Dimensional reduction
This work is supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. U1813209) and National Key R&D Program of China (No. 2018YFB1307201).
- 1.Shadow Robot Dexterous Hand Homepage. www.shadowrobot.com
- 3.Liu, H., Wu, K., Meusel, P.: Multisensory five-finger dexterous hand: the DLR/HIT Hand II. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Nice, France, pp. 3692 + (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Ferrari, C., Canny, J.: Planning optimal grasps. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation (ICRA), NICE, France, pp. 2290–2295 (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Thomas, W., Jahn, B., Hirzinger, G.: Synergy level impedance control for multifingered hands. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. (ICRA), San Francisco, CA, USA, pp. 973–979 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Ficuciello, F., Palli, G., Melchiorri, C.: Planning and control during reach to grasp using the three predominant UB hand IV postural synergies. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. (ICRA), Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA, pp. 2255–2260 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Bernardino, A., Henriques, M.: Precision grasp synergies for dexterous robotic hands. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics. (ROBIO), Shenzhen, pp. 62–67 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Thomas, W., Reinecke, J., Chalon, M.: Derivation and verification of synergy coordinates for the DLR hand arm system. In: IEEE International Conference on Automation Science & Engineering. Seoul, Korea (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Lawrence, N.: Probabilistic non-linear principal component analysis with Gaussian process latent variable models. J. Mach. Learn. Res. 6, 1783–1816 (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Hu, H.Y., Gao, X.H., Li, J.W.: Calibrating human hand for teleoperating the HIT/DLR hand. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, pp. 4571–4576 (2004)Google Scholar