A Fast Visual Feature Matching Algorithm in Multi-robot Visual SLAM
To reduce the feature matching time in visual based multi-robot Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), a feature matching algorithm based on map environment is proposed in this paper. The key idea of our algorithm is to establish feature libraries by classifying the collected features into two categories during the mobile process of every sub-robot. Then all features are matched based on the categories so that the invalid feature matching time will be reduced. At last, experiment is conducted to verify the performance of proposed algorithm. In comparison with traditional BoW method, its feature matching time is reduced by 20% at no expense of accuracy.
KeywordsMulti-robot Feature matching Visual SLAM
The author would like to acknowledge the support from the Advanced Research Project of Manned Space under Grant No. 0603(17700630), the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61803075, the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under Grant No. ZYGX2018KYQD211.
- 2.Zhou, X.S., Roumeliotis, S.I.: Multi-robot SLAM with unknown initial correspondence: the robot rendezvous case. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 1785–1792. IEEE, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Ahmad, A., Lawless, G., Lima, P.: An online scalable approach to unified multirobot cooperative localization and object tracking. IEEE Trans. Robot. 19(7), 1–16 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Howard, A., Parker, L.E., Sukhatme, G.S.: Experiments with a large heterogeneous mobile robot team: exploration, mapping, deployment and detection. Int. J. Robot. Res. 25(5), 431–447 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Rublee, E., Rabaud, V., Konolige, K., et al.: ORB: an efficient alternative to SIFT or SURF. In: ICCV 2011, vol. 11, no. 1, p. 2 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.https://blog.csdn.net/shenxiaolu1984/article/details/50639298. Accessed 12 Apr 2019
- 13.http://www.opencv.org.cn. Accessed 16 Mar 2019