Introduction: EU-Russia Relations – Per Aspera ad Astra
- 21 Downloads
The introduction contains a brief history of the European Union (EU)-Russia relations and determines the importance of these relations under sharpening of international tension, modern challenges to international security and the increasing role of strategic communication as an important element of the foreign policy. Bringing together scholars from different countries and from various fields of study, this book explores the synchronization of governmental deeds, words and images in the realm of EU-Russia relations. The introduction gives a brief overview of the book chapters’ content and ends by the conclusion that for better mutual relations the EU and Russia should not infringe on each other’s basic interests. There’s a long and difficult path ahead, per aspera ad astra.
KeywordsStrategic communication International security International relations The European Union Russia
- ABC News. (2018) Vladimir Putin issues warning about rising threat of nuclear war, blames the United States. 20 Dec. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-21/vladimir-putin-issues-warning-about-rising-threat-of-nuclear-war/10644916. Accessed 13 May 2019.
- Council of the European Union. (2005) Press release. 15th EU-Russia Summit, Moscow, 10 May. European Commission. http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_PRES-05-110_en.htm. Accessed 13 May 2019.
- Hanappi G (2019) From integrated capitalism to disintegrating capitalism. Scenarios of a Third World War. MPRA Paper 91397. University Library of Munich, Munich.Google Scholar
- Jean Monnet European Research Study Group. (2019) Prof. Gerhard Hanappi. https://sites.google.com/a/jeanmonnet-emu.eu/emu_political_economy_apps/partners-associates/our-institutions/prof-hardy-hanappi. Accessed 13 May 2019.
- Microsoft News. (2018) Putin issues chilling warning on rising nuclear war threat. PressFrom. 20 Dec. https://pressfrom.info/us/news/world/-224232-putin-issues-chilling-warning-on-rising-nuclear-war-threat.html. Accessed 13 May 2019.
- News Update. (2018) World War 3: Macron issues ‘horrifying conflict warning’ ahead of Trump decision on Iran. 7 May. https://newspaperupdate.com/world-war-3-macron-issues-horrifying-conflict-warning-ahead-of-trump-decision-on-iran-world-news/. Accessed 13 May 2019.
- Weinraub B (1984) Mondale pledges immediate effort for arms freeze. The New York Times. 6 Sep. https://www.nytimes.com/1984/09/06/us/mondale-pledges-immediate-effort-for-arms-freeze.html. Accessed 13 May 2019.
- World Economic Forum. (2019) The Global Risks Report 2019. 14th ed. World Economic Forum, Geneva.Google Scholar