Sensing as a Service: An Architecture Proposal for Big Data Environments in Smart Cities
This paper proposes an architecture capable of responding to the acquisition, processing and storage of information using as reference data of the Smart City, for this purpose it will suggest the use of certain technologies to be used together to meet the needs of a Smart City. A new Cloud Computing paradigm will be used, Sensing as a Service increasing the amount of data recovered and processed to add more value to the system. It proposes the creation of an open, flexible, extensible and self-adaptive architecture in a Big Data environment, capable of providing the acquisition and processing of large volumes of information while maintaining reliability and availability, as well as allowing easy adaptation in terms of scalability.
KeywordsSmart City Big Data Sensing as a Service
This research has been partially supported by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER) within the framework of the Interreg program V-A Spain-Portugal 2014–2020 (PocTep) under the IOTEC project grant 0123 IOTEC 3 E. The research of Yeray Mezquita is supported by the pre-doctoral fellowship from the University of Salamanca and Banco Santander.
- 1.Big Data - Interesting Statistics, Facts and Figures (2017). https://www.waterfordtechnologies.com/big-data-interesting-facts/. Accessed 31 July 2017
- 2.García, O., Chamoso, P., Prieto, J., Rodríguez, S., de la Prieta, F.: A serious game to reduce consumption in smart buildings. In: International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, pp. 481–493. Springer, Cham (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Chamoso, P., González-Briones, A., Rodríguez, S., Corchado, J.M.: Tendencies of technologies and platforms in smart cities: a state-of-the-art review. Wirel. Commun. Mobile Comput. 2018 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Grover, R., Carey, M.J.: Data ingestion in AsterixDB. In: EDBT, pp. 605–616 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Geraci, A., Katki, F., McMonegal, L., Meyer, B., Lane, J., Wilson, P., Radatz, J., Yee, M., Porteous, H., Springsteel, F.: IEEE Standard Computer Dictionary: Compilation of IEEE Standard Computer Glossaries. IEEE Press, Piscataway (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.Zaslavsky, A., Perera, C., Georgakopoulos, D.: Sensing as a service and big data. arXiv preprint arXiv:1301.0159
- 12.Chamoso, P., González-Briones, A., Rivas, A., De La Prieta, F., Corchado, J.M.: Social computing in currency exchange. Knowl. Inf. Syst. 1–21 (2019)Google Scholar
- 14.OpenIoT - Open Source cloud solution for the Internet of Things (2016). http://www.openiot.eu/. Accessed 16 Feb 2016
- 15.IoT Platform for Connected Devices—Xively by LogMeIn (2017). https://www.xively.com/. Accessed 16 Feb 2016
- 16.FIWARE (2016). https://www.fiware.org/. Accessed 16 Feb 2016