“Express Your Feelings”: An Interactive Application for Autistic Patients
- 1k Downloads
Much effort is put into Information Technology (IT) to achieve better efficiency and quality of expressing communication between autistic children with the surrounding. This paper presents an application that aims to help the autistic child to interact and express their feeling with their loved ones in easy manner. The major objective of the project is to connect autistic children with their family and friends by providing tools that enable an easy way to express their feeling and emotions. To accomplish this goal an Android app has been developed through which, autistic child can express their emotion based on emoji. Child’s emotions are share by sending the emoji to their relatives. The project aims a high impact within the autistic child community by providing a mechanism to share emotions in an “emotionless world”. The project was developed under the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 3: good health and well-being in the society by making the meaningful impact in the life of autistic child.
KeywordsAutism spectrum disorder Android application Emotion
This work is financed by National Funds through the Portuguese funding agency, FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia within project: UID/EEA/50014/2019.
- 3.Iowa Department of Education. http://educateiowa.gov/sites/files/ed/documents/Parent-Factsheets_April2010_Autism.pdf. Accessed 04 Apr 2019
- 4.Frith, U.: Autism: Explaining the Enigma, 2nd edn. Blackwell Publishing, Malden (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Matson, J.: Clinical Assessment and Intervention for Autism Spectrum Disorders. Elsevier Science, Burlington (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Data and Statistics on Autism Spectrum Disorder—CDC. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html. Accessed 04 Apr 2019
- 9.Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidinlondon.autismtests. Accessed 04 Apr 2019
- 10.Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imagiration.mita. Accessed 04 Apr 2019
- 11.Autism Emotion. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/autism-emotion/id550027186?mt=8. Accessed 04 Apr 2019
- 12.Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS). https://pecsusa.com/pecs/. Accessed 04 Apr 2019
- 13.Google Play. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.james.upcard. Accessed 04 Apr 2019
- 14.GitHub. https://github.com/amrittb/express-your-feelings. Accessed 03 Apr 2019