Structural Analysis and Dynamic Testing of Mini Five-Axis Machine Tools
The features that define machine tool technology are precision, intelligence, high speed, and customization; the technology should also be composite and systematic. Therefore, for cross-border competition, improving the quality and productivity of machine tools are important.
This paper mainly discusses the structural characteristics of five-axis machine tools and modal testing methods. For the analysis, the individual components are combined and tested to establish the basis for parameter setting. Through a com-parison between the results of a structural analysis of the entire machine and modal testing, the structure of the five-axis machine tool can be improved and optimized, and better dynamic characteristics can be achieved to meet machining precision. Furthermore, intelligent processing is required to achieve the current standards of Industry 4.0.
KeywordsMachine tool Smart manufacturing Modal analysis Finite element method Modal testing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are greatly indebted to the Ministry of Science and Technology of the R.O.C. for supporting the research through contracts (grant number :MOST 107-2218-E-150 -005 -MY3).
- 2.Wu, Jun; Yu, Guang; Gao, Ying; Wang, Liping, Mechatronics modeling and vibration analysis of a 2-DOF parallel manipulator in a 5-DOF hybrid machine tool, Mechanism and Machine Theory, v 121, p 1339-1351, March 2018.Google Scholar
- 3.T.M. Ericson, R.G. Parker, Planetary gear modal vibration experiments and correlation against lumped-parameter and finite element models, J. Sound Vib. 50(2010) 156–164.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Ohta, E. Hayashi, Vibration of linear guideway type recirculating linear ball bearings, J. Sound Vib. 2000.Google Scholar
- 5.Simon, Vilmos, Influence of machine tool setting parameters on EHD lubrication in hypoid gears, Mechanism and Machine Theory, v 44, n 5, p 923-937, May 2009.Google Scholar
- 6.Whalley, R.; Abdul-Ameer, A.A.; Ebrahimi, K.M. The axes response and resonance identification for a machine tool, Mechanism and Machine Theory, v 46, n 8, p 1171-1192, August 2011.Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, Jun; Wang, Jinsong; Wang, Liping; Li, Tiemin; You, Zheng Study on the stiffness of a 5-DOF hybrid machine tool with actuation redundancy, Mechanism and Machine Theory, v 44, n 2, p 289-305, February 2009.Google Scholar
- 10.Faraji Ghanati, Mohammad; Madoliat, Reza New continuous dynamic coupling for three component modeling of tool-holder-spindle structure of machine tools with modified effected tool damping, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Transactions of the ASME, v 134, n 2, 2012.Google Scholar