Type Synthesis of Self-Aligning Mechanisms Applied to the Leg Rest Section of an Hospital Bed
Given an overconstrained seed mechanism, different sets of constraints can be removed, generating different self-aligning mechanisms. This paper presents a method to select a set of self-aligning mechanisms according to project requirements. The proposed method is applied to evaluate and generate self-aligning mechanisms by means of matroid theory while using the leg rest of the Eleganza Smart bed produced by Linet as seed mechanism, achieving a set of 78 feasible self-aligning mechanisms out of several thousands possible mechanisms.
Keywordstype synthesis self-aligning mechanism matroid theory hospital bed
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Blanding, Douglass L. Two-Dimensional Connections Between Objects. ASME press, 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.Reshetov L. N. Self-aligning mechanisms. Imported Pubn. 1982.Google Scholar
- 3.Malytsheff A. Analysis and synthesis of mechanisms with a viewpoint of their structure. Izvestiya Tomskogo of Technological Institute. 1923.Google Scholar
- 4.Huang Z. Liu J. Zeng D. A general methodology for mobility analysis of mechanisms based on constraint screw theory. Science in China Series E: Technological Sciences, Springer, v. 52, n. 5, p. 1337–1347, 2009.Google Scholar
- 5.Davies T .H. Freedom and constraint in coupling networks. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 2006, 220(7), 989-1010.Google Scholar
- 7.Zhao J., Feng Z., Chu F., Ma N. Advanced theory of constraint and motion analysis for robot mechanisms. Academic Press. 2013.Google Scholar
- 9.Carboni A. P., Simas H., Martins D. Analysis of Self-aligning Mechanisms by Means of Matroid Theory. In International Symposium of Multibody Systems and Mechatronics. 2017 (pp. 61-73). Springer, Cham.Google Scholar
- 10.Barreto R, Carboni A. P., Martins D.,Simoni R., Dai J. Self-aligning Analysis of the Metamorphic Palm of the KCL/TJU Metamorphic Hand. In Remar 2018.Google Scholar
- 12.Recski A. Matroid theory and its applications in electric network theory and in statics (Vol. 6). Springer Science & Business Media. 2013.Google Scholar
- 13.Maletz E. R., Simas H., Barreto R. L. P., Martins D. Contribution to the design of hospital bed: systematic for surveying the design requirements and functional requirements for synthesis of mechanism. International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics. Springer. 2017.Google Scholar
- 14.Barreto R. L. P., Simoni R., Martins D. An Initial Assessment of Mechanisms for the Development of New Hospital Beds. International Symposium on Multibody Systems and Mechatronics. Springer. 2017.Google Scholar