Randomized Reference Classifier with Gaussian Distribution and Soft Confusion Matrix Applied to the Improving Weak Classifiers
- 271 Downloads
In this paper, an issue of building the RRC model using probability distributions other than beta distribution is addressed. More precisely, in this paper, we propose to build the RRR model using the truncated normal distribution. Heuristic procedures for expected value and the variance of the truncated-normal distribution are also proposed. The proposed approach is tested using SCM-based model for testing the consequences of applying the truncated normal distribution in the RRC model. The experimental evaluation is performed using four different base classifiers and seven quality measures. The results showed that the proposed approach is comparable to the RRC model built using beta distribution. What is more, for some base classifiers, the truncated-normal-based SCM algorithm turned out to be better at discovering objects coming from minority classes.
KeywordsClassification Randomized reference classifier Gaussian distribution Multiclassifier systems
This work was supported by the statutory funds of the Department of Systems and Computer Networks, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology.
- 11.Hall, M.A.: Correlation-based feature selection for machine learning. Ph.D. thesis, The University of Waikato (1999)Google Scholar
- 15.Kurzynski M, Majak M (2016) Meta-bayes classifier with Markov model applied to the control of bioprosthetic hand. In: Intelligent decision technologies 2016: proceedings of the 8th KES international conference on intelligent decision technologies (KES-IDT 2016) – part II. Springer, Cham, pp 107–117CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.Majak M, Kurzynski M (2018) On a new method for improving weak classifiers using bayes metaclassifier. In: Proceedings of the 10th international conference on computer recognition systems, CORES 2017. Springer, Cham, pp 258–267.Google Scholar
- 20.Quinlan JR (1993) C4.5: programs for machine learning. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San FranciscoGoogle Scholar
- 24.Woloszynski T, Kurzynski M (2009) On a new measure of classifier competence applied to the design of multiclassifier systems. In: International conference on image analysis and processing. Springer, pp 995–1004Google Scholar