Multivariate Approach to Alcohol Detection in Drivers by Sensors and Artificial Vision
This work presents a system for detecting excess alcohol in drivers to reduce road traffic accidents. To do so, criteria such as alcohol concentration the environment, a facial temperature of the driver and width of the pupil are considered. To measure the corresponding variables, the data acquisition procedure uses sensors and artificial vision. Subsequently, data analysis is performed into stages for prototype selection and supervised classification algorithms. Accordingly, the acquired data can be stored and processed in a system with low-computational resources. As a remarkable result, the amount of training samples is significantly reduced, while an admissible classification performance is achieved - reaching then suitable settings regarding the given device’s conditions.
KeywordsAlcohol detection Drunk detection Prototype selection Sensors Supervised classification
This work is supported by the “Smart Data Analysis Systems - SDAS” group (http://sdas-group.com).
- 1.Assailly, J.-P.: Young people drunk-driving: process and outcome evaluation of preventive actions. In: von Holst, H., Nygren, Å., Andersson, Å.E. (eds.) Transportation, Traffic Safety and Health - Human Behavior, pp. 297–326. Springer, Heidelberg (2000). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-57266-1_18CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Al-Youif, S., Ali, M.A.M., Mohammed, M.N.: Alcohol detection for car locking system. In: 2018 IEEE Symposium on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ISCAIE), pp. 230–233. IEEE, April 2018. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8405475/
- 3.Paredes-Doig, A.L., del Rosario Sun-Kou, M., Comina, G.: Alcohols detection based on Pd-doped SnO\(<\)inf\(>\)2\(<\)/inf\(>\) sensors. In: 2014 IEEE 9th IberoAmerican Congress on Sensors, pp. 1–3. IEEE, October 2014. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6995514/
- 4.Drunk driving detection based on classification of multivariate time series. J. Saf. Res. 54, 61.e29–64 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Wu, Y., Xia, Y., Xie, P., Ji, X.: The design of an automotive anti-drunk driving system to guarantee the uniqueness of driver. In: 2009 International Conference on Information Engineering and Computer Science, pp. 1–4. IEEE, December 2009. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5364823/
- 9.Rosero-Montalvo, P., et al.: Neighborhood criterion analysis for prototype selection applied in WSN data. In: 2017 International Conference on Information Systems and Computer Science (INCISCOS), pp. 128–132. IEEE, November 2017. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8328096/
- 10.Rosero-Montalvo, P., Peluffo-Ordonez, D.H., Batista, V.F.L., Serrano, J., Rosero, E.: Intelligent system for identification of wheelchair user’s posture using machine learning techniques. IEEE Sens. J. 1 (2018). https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8565996/
- 12.Rosero-Montalvo, P., et al.: Prototype reduction algorithms comparison in nearest neighbor classification for sensor data: Empirical study. In: 2017 IEEE Second Ecuador Technical Chapters Meeting (ETCM), pp. 1–5. IEEE, October 2017. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8247530/