Networked Professional Learning: An Introduction
- 283 Downloads
People worldwide are facing global challenges that are transforming the world of work (Jakupec & Garrick, 2000). There is an urgent need to take action to reduce inequality by making high-quality healthcare available for everyone, to improve global security through enhanced forms of crisis management, to extend employment through improved schooling and to enable economic opportunity and social mobility through increased access to higher education (World Economic Forum, 2016).
KeywordsNetworked professional learning Informal learning Teacher education Higher education
- Beck, U. (2000). The brave new world of work. Cambridge, MA: Polity.Google Scholar
- Billett, S. (2001). Learning in the workplace: Strategies for effective practice. St Leonards, Australia: Allen & Unwin.Google Scholar
- Daniels, H., Edwards, A., Engeström, Y., Gallagher, T., & Ludvigsen, S. R. (Eds.). (2013). Activity theory in practice: Promoting learning across boundaries and agencies. New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Eraut, M. (2011). Informal learning in the workplace: Evidence on the real value of work-based learning. Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal, 25(5), 8–12.Google Scholar
- Huws, U. (2014). Labor in the global digital economy: The cybertariat comes of age. New York: NYU Press.Google Scholar
- Jakupec, V., & Garrick, J. (Eds.). (2000). Flexible learning, human resource and organisational development: Putting theory to work. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Littlejohn, A., & Margaryan, A. (Eds.). (2013). Technology-enhanced professional learning: Processes, practices, and tools. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Littlejohn, A., & Margaryan, A. (2014). Technology-enhanced professional learning. In S. Billett, C. Harteis, & H. Gruber (Eds.), International handbook of research in professional and practice-based learning (pp. 1187–1212). Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer.Google Scholar
- Milligan, C., Littlejohn, A., & Margaryan, A. (2014). Workplace learning in informal networks. In A. Littlejohn & C. Pegler (Eds.), Reusing open resources: Learning in open networks for work, life and education (pp. 93–103). London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Unwin, L., & Fuller, A. (2004). Expansive learning environments: Integrating organisational and personal development. In H. Rainbird, A. Fuller, & A. Munro (Eds.), Workplace learning in context (pp. 142–160). London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- World Economic Forum. (2016). What are the 10 biggest global challenges? Retrieved from https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/01/what-are-the-10-biggest-global-challenges/. 29 January 2019.