How Do Elephants and Ants Tango?
The PLM journey at Outotec covers Plant, Equipment and Service businesses. It started in 2011 in conjunction with a global processes and IT systems harmonization program. This case study focuses on the years 2016–2018 and adjusting the concept—the so-called “making elephants and ants tango” or “one size doesn’t fit all”—phase of the PLM journey. It outlines PLM activities for both Equipment Products and Plants, then describes some lessons learned. Finally, next steps are discussed.
KeywordsPLM Journey Plant Equipment Services
- 1.Outotec Financial Statements (2018) https://www.outotec.com/globalassets/company/investors/2018/outotec-financial-statements-2018.pdf
- 2.Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaled_agile_framework
- 3.Stark J (2016) Product lifecycle management (volume 1): 21st century paradigm for product realisation. Springer, New York. ISBN 978-3319174396Google Scholar
- 4.Stark J (2016) Product lifecycle management (volume 2): the devil is in the details. Springer, New York. ISBN 978-3319244341Google Scholar
- 5.Stark J (2018) Product lifecycle management (volume 3): the executive summary. Springer, New York. ISBN 978-3319722351Google Scholar