Dynamic Ranking System of Cloud SaaS Based on Consumer Preferences - Find SaaS M2NFCP
Software as a Service (SaaS) is a type of software application that runs and operates over a cloud computing infrastructure. SaaS has grown more dramatically compared to other cloud services delivery models (i.e. PaaS and IaaS) in terms of the number of available services. This rapid growth in SaaS brings a lot of challenges for consumers in selecting the optimum services. The aim of this article is to propose a ranking system for SaaS based on consumer’s preferences called Find SaaS M2NFCP. The proposed ranking system is based on measuring the shortest distance to the minimum and maximum of the selected consumer’s non-functional preferences. In addition, linguistic terms are taken into account to weight the most important non-functional preferences. The proposed system is evaluated against traditional SaaS ranking systems using data collected from online CRM SaaS and achieved improved results.
KeywordsCloud services Service selection Consumer’s preferences Ranking system Software as a Service
This research is supported by Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia.
- 1.Al-Shammari, S., Al-Yasiri, A.: Defining a metric for measuring QoE of SaaS cloud computing. In: Proceedings of PGNET, pp. 251–256 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Alkalbani, A.M., Ghamry, A.M., Hussain, F.K., Hussain, O.K.: Blue pages: software as a service data set. In: 2015 10th International Conference on Broadband and Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications (BWCCA), pp. 269–274, November 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/BWCCA.2015.83
- 3.Arman, A., Foresti, S., Livraga, G., Samarati, P.: A consensus-based approach for selecting cloud plans. In: 2016 IEEE 2nd International Forum on Research and Technologies for Society and Industry Leveraging a Better Tomorrow (RTSI), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Badidi, E.: A framework for Software-as-a-Service selection and provisioning. arXiv preprint arXiv:1306.1888 (2013)
- 5.Boussoualim, N., Aklouf, Y.: Evaluation and selection of SaaS product based on user preferences. In: 2015 Third International Conference on Technological Advances in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (TAEECE), pp. 299–308. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Burkon, L.: Quality of service attributes for Software as a Service. J. Syst. Integr. 4(3), 38 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Godse, M., Mulik, S.: An approach for selecting Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product. In: 2009 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, CLOUD 2009, pp. 155–158. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Ikram, M.A., Hussain, F.K.: Software as a Service (SaaS) service selection based on measuring the shortest distance to the consumer’s preferences. In: Advances in Internet, Data & Web Technologies, The 6th International Conference on Emerging Internet, Data & Web Technologies, EIDWT-2018, Tirana, Albania, 15–17 March 2018, pp. 403–415 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-75928-9_36
- 10.Jagli, D., Purohit, S., Chandra, N.S.: Evaluating service customizability of SaaS on the cloud computing environment (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.McGrath, B.: Worldwide SaaS and cloud software 2015–2019 forecast and 2014 vendor shares. In: IDC, August 2015Google Scholar
- 14.Repschlaeger, J., Wind, S., Zarnekow, R., Turowski, K.: Selection criteria for Software as a Service: an explorative analysis of provider requirements (2012)Google Scholar