Proposal and Implementation of Probe for Sigfox Technology
The paper deals with designing and implementation of a probe that measures the quality of Sigfox radio network coverage. This probe consists of the mobile application for Android operation system, Sigfox RF module, and Bluetooth module. Finding the coverage quality is solved by wireless communication between mobile device and Sigfox module, which sends Sigfox message. The developed solution mainly offers a possibility to display base stations on a map and show a list of all measurements. The probe represents a tool, which is intended primarily to find areas with weak or non-existent Sigfox network coverage and as the authors know, the presented solution is unique so far.
KeywordsInternet of Things Sigfox Measuring Probe
This work was supported by the VSB-Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic - Networks and Telecommunications Technologies for Smart Cities under SGS Grant SP2018/59.
- 1.Krivtsova, I., et al.: Implementing a broadcast storm attack on a mission-critical wireless sensor network. In: Mamatas, L., Matta, I., Papadimitriou, P., Koucheryavy Y. (eds) Wired/Wireless Internet Communications. WWIC 2016. LNCS, vol 9674. Springer, Cham (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Manyika, J., Chui, M., Bisson, P., Woetzel, J., Dobbs, R., Bughin, J., Aharon, D.: The Internet of things: mapping the value beyond the hype. McKinsey Global Institute (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Bradley, J., Barbier, J., Handler, D.: Embracing the Internet of everything to capture your share of \$14.4 trillion. Cisco (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Mekki, K., Bajic, E., Chaxel, F., Meyer, F.: A comparative study of LPWAN technologies for large-scale IoT deployment. ICT Express (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Lauridsen, M., Nguyen, H., Vejlgaard, B., Kovacs, I., Mogensen, P., Sørensen, M.: Coverage comparison of GPRS, NB-IoT, LoRa, and SigFox in a 7800 km2 area. In: VTC Spring. Accepted, June 2017Google Scholar
- 7.Adeunis. https://www.adeunis.com/
- 8.SigFox. https://www.sigfox.com/
- 9.ETSI EN 300 220-1 V2.4.1. Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum Matters; Short Range Devices; Radio equipment to be used in the 25 MHz to 1 000 MHz frequency range with power levels ranging up to 500 mW; Part 1, 1 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Vejlgaard, B., Lauridsen, M., Nguyen, H., Kovacs, I., Mogensen, P., Sorensen, M.: Coverage and capacity analysis of Sigfox LoRa GPRS and NB-IoT. In: IEEE 85th Vehicular Technology Conference, June 2017Google Scholar
- 11.TD Next RF modules. http://rfmodules.td-next.com/
- 12.Cotta, A., Devidas, N.T., Ekoskar, V.K.N.: Wireless communication using HC-05 bluetooth module interfaced with arduino. Int. J. Sci., Eng. and Tech. Res. (IJSETR) 5(4), 1–4 (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Serial Port Profile. https://www.bluetooth.org/