A Local Feature Curve Extraction Algorithm for Dongba Hieroglyphs
Dongba hieroglyph is a kind of very primitive picture hieroglyphs; they express meaning by using pictures. This makes the same type words have some similarities in morphology and structure, and they are distinguished only by local differences. In this paper, we analyse the basic structural of the single graphemes in Dongba hieroglyphs. By analysing the writing methods and habits, we give a local feature curve extraction algorithm for Dongba Hieroglyphs based on CDPM (Connected Domain Priority Marking Algorithm) and DCE (Discrete Curve Evolution Algorithm). The algorithm can extract local feature curves which can contain one or more glyphic features, and it can also combine redundant curves based on template curves to facilitate the comparison between the local curves and template. Extracting the local feature curves of Dongba hieroglyph is helpful to analysis the local similarities in different hieroglyphs, classify and retrieve hieroglyph. Moreover, it also has very important significance in studying the creation method of Dongba hieroglyph.
KeywordsLocal curve extraction Local feature curve Curve extraction algorithm Dongba hieroglyphs feature curve
This research was partially supported by the Scientific Research Fund of Yunnan Education Department (2018JS748).
- 1.He, L.M.: The research of Dongba culture heritage. Soc. Sci. Yunnan 1, 83–87 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.He, J.G.: The development trend of Dongba culture studies of the Naxi nationality. J. Yunnan Natl. Univ. 24(1), 81–84 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Ge, A.G.: Dongba culture review. J. Natl. Artist. Res. 2, 71–80 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.He, Z.W.: Discussing the characteristics of Naxi hieroglyphic including the different of original pictograph, hieroglyphic and ideograph. Soc. Sci. Yunnan 3, 71–82 (1982)Google Scholar
- 5.Fang, G.Y., He, Z.W.: The Dictionary of Naxi Hieroglyphic. Yunnan People’s Publishing House, Kunming (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, L.C.: Pronunciation Dictionary of Naxi Hieroglyphic. Yunnan Nationalities Publishing House, Kunming (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Rock, J.F., Khi, N.: English Encclopedic Dictionary (Part I). Roma Istituto Italiano Peril Medio ed Estreme Prientale, Roma (1963)Google Scholar
- 8.He, L.F.: Hieroglyphic Structure of Naxi Dongba and Its International Standard. Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Chen, B.F., Qian, Z.F.: An algorithm for identifying convexity-concavity of a simple polygon. J. Comput. Aided Des. Comput. Graphics 2(14), 214–217 (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Song, X.M., Cheng, C.X.: An analysis and investigation of algorithms for identifying convexity concavity of a simple polygon. Remote Sens. Land Resour. 9(13), 25–31 (2011)Google Scholar