The Reaction of the Dominated Classes 2010–2015
Social responses to the policy of the memoranda comprise on the one hand social mobilizations (those that have developed include demonstrations, strikes, the squares movements, occupation of buildings housing public institutions) and the forms of social solidarity that have emerged (trade without intermediaries, time banks, social solidarity clinics, co-operative ventures). All of these practices took place mainly during the 2010–2012 period, a time of anticipation in expectation of the coming to power of the SYRIZA government. After the capitulation of the summer of 2015, there was a period of social downturn.
- Bresia M., 2011, “Is all of Greece a town square?”, in Giovanopoulos C. and D. Mitropoulos (eds.) Democracy under construction. From the streets to the squares, Athens: A/synechia, pp. 91–100 (in Greek).Google Scholar
- Karakioulafis C., 2014, “Santé et éducation: victimes des politiques d’austérité”, Chronique internationale de l’IRES vol. 148, pp. 83–103.Google Scholar
- Kavoulakos K. and G. Gritzas, 2015, “Movements and alternative locations in the Greece of crisis. A new civil society”, in Georgarakis N. and N. Demertzis (eds.) The political portrait of Greece. Crisis and deconstruction of the political, Athens: Gutenberg/National Centre of Social Research, pp. 337–358 (in Greek).Google Scholar
- Kouvelakis Stathis, 2011a, “The invisible end of a winter. Towards the second phase of the politico-social confrontation”, Epochi of 25/3 (in Greek).Google Scholar
- Kouvelakis Stathis, 2011b, “Crisis hour. Six theses on the revolt”, Dromos tis Aristeras of 11/6 (in Greek).Google Scholar
- Kouvelakis S., 2011c, “Movement time, political time”, http://anasynthesi.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=324&Itemid=1, accessed on 20/3/2014 (in Greek).
- Louka M., 2012, “Cassandra mines: when the gold does not shine”, Ektos Grammis vol. 30, pp. 75–77 (in Greek).Google Scholar
- Mavris G., 2014, “The fluctuations in SYRIZA’s influence in the 2012–2014 post-election period”, Efimerida ton Syntakton of 25/2/2014 (in Greek).Google Scholar
- Papanikolopoulos D., 2016, “The syndicalist dynamic 2010–2015”, Εnimerosi vol. 232, pp. 2–28 (in Greek).Google Scholar
- Sotiris P., 2012, “The age of insurrections and the left (thoughts on the “squares”, politics and left strategy in a landscape of surprises and overturns”, Theseis vol. 120, http://www.theseis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1193&Itemid=29, accessed on 20/3/2014 (in Greek).