To avoid wear is one of the main tasks in ceramic extrusion. The tribological basis of wear in its different appearances is described as well as the most relevant options for wear protection. In the complex wear mechanism, the roughness of the surface of the auger and the geometry of the liner are of paramount importance as well as the control of the gap between auger and liner.
KeywordsWear and tear Corrosive wear Abrasive wear PTA welding HVOF coating Tribological system
- 1.H. Czichos, K.H. Habig (eds.), Tribologie-Handbuch (Vieweg + Teubner, Wiesbaden, 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.G. Mennig, Tribological principles, in Extrusion in Ceramics, ed. by F. Handle (Springer, Berlin, 2007), pp. 313–320Google Scholar
- 3.I. Kleis, P. Kulu, Solid Particle Erosion (Springer, London, 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.E. Rabinowicz, Friction and Wear of Materials (Wiley InterScience, New York, 1995)Google Scholar
- 5.K.H. Zum Gahr, Microstructure and Wear of Materials (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1987)Google Scholar