A Vehicular Collision Avoidance Routing Algorithm based on V2V
Vehicle to vehicle (V2V) communication can give us better results by avoiding the major problems in road like collision of vehicle, better route selection in case of traffic congestion etc. In this paper, we propose a vehicular collision avoidance routing algorithm based on V2V communication to deal with the issue of collision of vehicles in urban scenarios. We first investigate vehicular collision cases at intersection, which is influenced by status of traffic light and driving state of vehicle and determine alternative collision sets based on the remaining time of traffic lights. Furthermore, we provide an information acquisition method that takes into account priority of the driving state function and formulize the collision detection. Moreover, by using Network Simulation version 2 (NS-2), compared with Vehicular Ad-hoc on-demand Distance Vector (VAODV), the algorithm proposed in this paper outperforms in network throughput and message delivery time.
KeywordsCollision avoidance routing algorithm Alternative collision sets Driving state function Collision time difference V2V
- 2.Chen, Q., Schmidt-Eisenlohr, F., Jiang, D., Torrent-Moreno, M., Delgrossi, L., Hartenstein, H.: Overhaul of IEEE 802.11 modeling and simulation in NS-2. In: Proceedings of the 10th ACM Symposium on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems, pp. 159–168. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Y., Zhang, L., Song, Y.: A vehicular collision warning algorithm based on the time-to-collision estimation under connected environment. In: 14th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV), pp. 1–4. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Roy, D., Das, P.: Collision avoidance protocol for inter vehicular communication. Int. J. Comput. Appl. Technol. Res. 4(10), 767–776 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Taleb, T., Ochi, M., Jamalipour, A., Kato, N., Nemoto, Y.: An efficient vehicle-heading based routing protocol for VANET networks. In: Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, WCNC 2006, vol. 4, pp. 2199–2204. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Thangaraj, J., Ravi, B., Kumari, S.: Performance analysis of collision avoidance routing protocol for inter-vehicular communication. Cluster Comput. 1–7 (2017)Google Scholar