3D Discrete Events Simulation to Evaluate the Internal Logistic Strategies in a Shipyard
- 265 Downloads
This paper presents an innovative parametric decision model designed by applying 3D Discrete Events Simulation (DES) concepts and customized to be applicable in offshore wind turbine foundations manufacturing plant. The high penalties applicable per day in case of delay in the fulfillment of any Load-Out milestones and the limited space available in the shipyard justify the use of this kind of 3D and parametric decision tool. This tool uses as a restriction the available internal logistic resources and buffers spaces, taking into account the high penalties defined by the customer in case of break the Load-Out milestones in order to achieve the best internal logistic strategy.
KeywordsBuffer Internal logistics 3D discrete event simulation
The authors are thankful to Unidad Mixta de Investigación (UMI) Navantia-UDC for its valuable support.
- 2.Akpan, J.I., Brooks, R.J: Experimental investigation of the impacts of virtual reality on discrete-event simulation. In: Proceedings—Winter Simulation Conference 2005 (Smith 1999), 1968–1975 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Boer, C.A., Bijl, J. L.: Advanced 3D visualization for simulation using game technology. In: Proceedings of the 2011 Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 2815–2826 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.EWEA: The European offshore wind industry. Key trends and statistics 2016 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Kádár, B., Pfeiffer, A., Monostori L.: Discrete event simulation for supporting production planning and scheduling decisions in digital factories. In: Proceedings of the 37th CIRP International Seminar on Manufacturing Systems, pp. 444–448 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Kumar, U.S., Narayan, Y.S.: Productivity improvement in a windows manufacturing layout using Flexsim simulation software. Int. J. Res. Advent Technol. 3(9), 86–90 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Lantz, E., Hand, M., and Wiser, R.: The past and future cost of wind energy. World Renew. Energy Forum, 1–10 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Walter, M. et al.: 2016 Offshore Wind Technologies Market Report. U.S. Department of Energy, p. 131 (2016). http://www.osti.gov/scitech
- 11.Stewart, R.: Journal of Simulation. In: Simulation: The Practice of Model Development and Use (2004)Google Scholar