Frammenti: The ARG About Erasing Memories, That Was Forgotten
“Frammenti” was released in 2009 and it was Italy’s first Alternate Reality Game. It consisted of a television series and an online game of solving enigmas collaboratively. The development of the project is here retraced basing on interviews lead with its director, screenwriter, game designer. Since the budget was limited, production had to get creative and resourceful in the way they strengthened the emergent narrative by getting involved in first person with the players, both in the virtual and real world.
KeywordsAlternate Reality Game Interactive digital storytelling Frammenti H-Farm
The author would like to thank Gianluca Marino, Fabio Salvadori, and Valerio Di Paola for sharing their experience with “Frammenti”. She would also like to thank Giulia Pozzobon for helping put all the pieces together.
- 1.Leonzi, S., Ciofalo, G., Di Paola, V.: Frammenti di un discorso transmediale. In: Morreale, D. (ed.) Transmedia e Co-Creazione - Intermediari grassroots e pubblici online nella produzione transmediale italiana, pp. 77–86. Aracne, Roma (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Leonzi, S., Ciofalo, G., Di Paola, V.: Frammenti di un discorso transmediale. In: Morreale, D. (ed.) Teorie e pratiche dell’esperienza transmediale (2016). Emerg. Ser. J. 5Google Scholar
- 3.Moroni, G.: Videogiochi e apprendimento: la posizione di James Paul Gee. Tesi di Laurea in Scienze della Formazione e dell’Educazione, Università Guglielmo Marconi. Relatore Prof. Domenico Morreale (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Nanì, A.: Sanningen om Marika - the truth about Marika. A transmedia case study. Tallinn University (2011). Link: https://truthaboutmarika.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/the-truth-about-marika-a-transmedia-case-study.pdf. Accessed 15 July 2018
- 5.Pratten, R.: Getting started in transmedia storytelling a practical guide for beginners. CreateSpace (2011)Google Scholar