Shortest Job First Load Balancing Algorithm for Efficient Resource Management in Cloud
Energy is among the most valuable resource in the world that need to be consumed in an optimized manner. For making intelligent decisions in energy consumption Smart Grid (SG) is introduced. One of the key components of SG is communication. Cloud-Fog based environment is the most popular communication architecture nowadays. Keeping the focus on this point this article proposed an integration of Cloud-Fog based environment with Micro Grid (MG) for effective resource management. For experimentation, the word is divided into 6 regions based on the division of continents. Each region contains 6 clusters and 3 fogs connected to each of them with MG and centralized cloud. Cloud Analyst simulator is used for testing of our proposed scenario. To cater the huge load on fogs a new load balancing technique Shortest Load First (SLF) is introduced in the simulator. The load balancer technique is used to manage the requests on fogs whereas the dynamic service proximity policy is used for connection of clusters with fogs.
KeywordsMicrogrid Cloud computing Fog computing Load balancing Shortest job first Dynamic service proximity Cloud analyst
- 1.Fatima, A., et al.: Efficient resource allocation model for residential buildings in smart grid using fog and cloud computing. In: Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, August 2018, pp. 289–298 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-93554-626
- 2.Fatima, I., Khalid, A., Zahoor, S., Yasmeen, A., Arif, S., Zafar, U., Javaid, N.: Home energy management system using ant colony optimization technique in microgrid. In: 12th International Conference on Broadband Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications (BWCCA), pp. 267–279 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69811-324. ISBN 978-3-319-69811-3
- 7.Luntovskyy, A., Spillner, J.: Architectural transformations in distributed systems. In: Architectural Transformations in Network Services and Distributed Systems, pp. 13–44 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007978-3-658-14842-32
- 8.Sandhu, M.M., Javaid, N., Akbar, M., Najeeb, F., Qasim, U., Khan, Z.A.: FEEL: forwarding data energy efficiently with load balancing in wireless body area networks. In: 2014 IEEE 28th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA), 13–16 May 2014, pp. 783–789 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1109/AINA.2014.95
- 13.Capizzi, G., et al.: Advanced and adaptive dispatch for smart grids by means of predictive models. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, 1 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/tsg.2017.2718241