Programming of the Robotic Arm/Plotter System
- 250 Downloads
Plotter, as a type of CNC machine, is a machine that requires great precision in work, so in its creation person must take into account all the details that can later result in the error in plotting a given vector. Error may occur due to defective electro-mechanical components, or poor calibration of the given mechanical elements, but the most common mistake is made in the programming process. In this regard, the aim of this paper is the entire mechatronic process of connecting electronic and machine components into a compact, portable and precise machine that would replace a human in performing some routine hand-executed functions, such as writing, drawing, and engraving. Realization of the given solution would have low production costs, while small dimensions and easy portability would allow a great application in everyday life.
KeywordsPlotter Mechatronic process Programming Routine hand-executed functions
This paper is prepared within two projects - “Montenegrin Wearable Robots (MWR)” supported by Ministry of Science of Montenegro and COST Action IC1403 CRYPTACUS, supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology).
- 1.Wisskirchen, G., Biacabe, B.T., Bormann, U., Muntz, A., Niehaus, G., Soler, G.J., von Brauchitsch, B.: Artificial intelligence and robotics and their impact on the workplace. IBA Global Employment Institute (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.UK Essays, Machines vs Human Workers Business Essay (2013). https://www.ukessays.com/essays/business/machines-vs-human-workers-business-essay.php?cref=1
- 3.Soffar, H.: Advantages and disadvantages of using robots in our life (2016). https://www.online-sciences.com/robotics/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-using-robots-in-our-life/
- 4.Shivakumar, M., Stafford, M., Ankitha, T.H., Bhawana, C.K., Kavana, H., Kavya, R.: Robotic 2D plotter. Int. J. Eng. Innov. Technol. (IJEIT) 3(10), 300–303 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Karthik, S., Reddy, P.T., Marimuthu, K.P.: Development of low-cost plotter for educational purposes using Arduino. In: IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 225, no. 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 6.Instructables. https://www.instructables.com/
- 7.Solidworks modeling software. http://www.solidworks.com/
- 8.Djukanovic, M., Grujicic, R., Radunovic, L., Boskovic, V.: Conceptual solution of the robotic arm/plotter. In: 4th International Conference “New Technologies NT-2018” Development and Application, 14–16 June 2018, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, paper accepted for publishingGoogle Scholar
- 9.Proteus design, simulation software. https://www.labcenter.com/
- 10.Online diagram software. https://www.draw.io/
- 11.AxiDraw machine. https://www.axidraw.com/