The Nature of the Moon
The moon is the most imposing feature of the night sky. Much is known about the moon today, thanks in part to exploration by the spacecraft discussed in this book. A few interesting facts about the moon are presented below to set the stage for the discussion of lunar exploration spacecraft that follows.
- Boyle, Rebeca, What Made the Moon? New Ideas Try to Rescue a Troubled Theory, https://www.quantamagazine.org
- Earth’s Moon, NASA Science websiteGoogle Scholar
- Lindsay, Hamish, ALSEP Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments Package, Apollo Lunar Surface Journal, 2008Google Scholar
- Taylor, S. R., The Origin of the Moon: Geochemical Considerations, Proceedings of the Origin of the Moon Conference, October 1984Google Scholar
- Williams, David R., Moon Fact Sheet, NASA Science websiteGoogle Scholar