Current-Mode Wheatstone Bridge
Current chapter deals with Wheatstone Bridges with the focus on Current-Mode Wheatstone Bridge and its associated signal conditioning circuits. The operation, advantages and drawbacks of each circuit are discussed in detail. To make the comparison between traditional Voltage-Mode Wheatstone Bridge and Current-Mode Wheatstone Bridge more convenient, at the beginning of this chapter, the concept of Voltage-Mode Wheatstone Bridge is briefly summarized. The theory of Mixed-Mode Wheatstone Bridge and read-out circuits are also included.
- 2.Gregory B. A. (1981) An Introduction to Electrical Instrumentation and Measurement Systems, 2nd edition, MacMillan.Google Scholar
- 3.Kester W., Bryant J., Jung W., Wurcer S., Kitchen C., (1991) Practical design techniques for sensor signal conditioning, Analog Device Inc., ch4.Google Scholar
- 4.Lotichius J., Wagner S., Kupnik M., Werthschutzky R. (2015) Measurement uncertainty of time-based and voltage-based Wheatstone Bridge readout circuits. IEEE Sensors, 1–4.Google Scholar
- 5.Fraden J. (2003) Hand book of modern sensors, Physics, Design and Applications. 3rd Edition, New York.Google Scholar
- 7.Ghosh S., Mukherjee A., Sahoo K., Sen S. K., Sarkar A. (2015) A novel sensitivity enhancement technique employing Wheatstone's Bridge for strain and temperature measurement. Proceedings of the 2015 Third International Conference on Computer, Communication, Control and Information Technology (C3IT), 2015.Google Scholar
- 8.Boujamaa E. M., Soulie Y., Mailly F., Latorre L., Nouet P. (2008) Rejection of power supply noise in wheatstone bridges: Application to piezoresistive MEMS. Symposium on Design, Test, Integration and Packaging of MEMS/MOEMS, 2008.Google Scholar
- 12.Lopez-Martin A. J., Zuza M., Carlosena A. (2002) A CMOS interface for resistive bridge transducers. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2002.Google Scholar
- 13.Fauzi N. I. M., Anuar N. F., Hana Herman S., Abdullah W. F. H. (2015) Integrated readout circuit using active bridge for resistive-based sensing. Proceedings Computer Science, 2015.Google Scholar
- 15.Boujamaa E. M. et al. (2001) A low power interface circuit for resistive sensors with digital offset compensation. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 2001.Google Scholar
- 16.Stefanescu D. (2011) Strain gauges and wheatstone bridges-basic instrumentation and new applications for electrical measurement of non-electrical quantities. Proc. 8th Int. Multi-Conf. SSD, 2011.Google Scholar
- 21.Madhu N. M., Geetha T., Sankaran P., Jagadeesh V. K. (2017) Linearization of the output of a wheatstone bridge for single active sensor. IEEE Sensors Journal, 17:1696–1705.Google Scholar
- 22.Maxim Corporation – Application Note AN3450, Positive Analog Feedback compensates Pt100 Transducer, available online at http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/an/AN3450.pdf (last accessed June 28, 2008).
- 23.Bacharowski W. (2008) A precision interface for a Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD). National Semiconductor Corporation, 2008 – available online at http://www.national.com/nationaledge/dec04/article.html (last accessed June 28, 2008).
- 26.Khan A. A., Al-Turaigi M. A., El-Ela M. A. (1994) Operational floating current conveyor: Characteristics, Modeling and Applications. IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, 2:788–791, 1994.Google Scholar
- 31.Farshidi E. (2008) Simple realization of CMOS current-mode wheatstone bridge. IEEE Signals Circuits and Systems International Conference, 2008.Google Scholar
- 32.Tanaphatsiri C., Jaikla W., Siripruchyanun M. (2008) A current-mode wheatstone bridge employing only single DO-CDTA.IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems, 2008.Google Scholar
- 33.Jaikla W., Siripruchyanun M. (2006) New low temperature-sensitive and electronically controllable configurations for the measurement of small resistance changes. Proceedings of the international technical conference on circuits/systems, computers and communications, 2006.Google Scholar
- 34.Barthélemy H., Kussener E., Meillère S. (2010) CMOS instrumentation-amplifier based on ASKA cell. Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International NEWCAS Conference, 2010.Google Scholar
- 35.Safari L., Barile G., Ferri G., Stornelli V. (2018) New resistor free current mode wheatstone bridge topologies with intrinsic linearity. IEEE Prime Conference, 2018.Google Scholar