Study of Viscous Fluid Flow Past an Impervious Cylinder in Porous Region with Magnetic Field
The flow of viscous, incompressible and electrically conducting fluid past and impermeable cylinder present in a cylindrical porous region is considered for the steady case in presence of magnetic field applied in vertical direction. The flow is governed by modified Brinkman and Stokes equations in porous and nonporous regions, respectively. The matching boundary conditions are used at the interface with no-slip condition at the solid surface and uniform velocity away from the nonporous region. This boundary layered problem is solved analytically and obtained solutions in terms of modified Bessel’s functions.
KeywordsIncompressible Brinkman equation Stokes equation No-slip
The authors are grateful to research centers Vemana IT, M.S.R.I.T., and Atria IT, Bangalore, India, for their support and encouragement to carry out our research work.
- 4.Dinesh, P.A., Jayalakshmamma D.V., Chandrashekhar D.V.: Exact solution for viscous fluid flow in porous media with magnetic field, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Porous Media and Its Applications in Science and Engineering- ICPM6, July 3–8, Waikoloa, Hawaii (2016).Google Scholar
- 5.Jayalakshmamma, D.V., Dinesh, P.A.,Sankar M,: Analytical study of creeping flow past a composite sphere: solid core with porous shell in presence of magnetic field. Mapana Journal Science.10 (2), 11–24 (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.Jayalakshmamma, D.V., Dinesh, P.A., Sankar, M., Chandrashekhar, D.V.: “Flow of conducting fluid on solid core surrounded by porous cylindrical region in presence of transverse magnetic field”. Mapana Journal Science.13 (3), 13–29 (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.Jayalakshmamma, D.V., Dinesh, P.A., M. Sankar., Chandrashekhar D.V.: MHD Effect on Relative Motion of Two Immiscible Liquid Spheres”, International Journal of Fluid Dynamics and Material Processing. 10(3), 343–357, (2014).Google Scholar
- 9.Pankaj Shukla.: Stokes flow through porous cylindrical particle in cell enclosing a solid cylindrical core, Asian Journal of Current Engineering and Math 2, 59–64 (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.Pal, D., Talukdar, B.: Unsteady hydromagnetic oscillating flow past a porous medium with suction/injection and slip effects. Int. J. Appl. Math. Mech. 7(15), 58–71 (2011).Google Scholar