Spatial Reasoning and Planning in Sign-Based World Model
The paper discusses the interaction between methods of modeling reasoning and behavior planning in a sign-based world model for the task of synthesizing a hierarchical plan of relocation. Such interaction is represented by the formalism of intelligent rule-based dynamic systems in the form of alternate use of transition functions (planning) and closure functions (reasoning). Particular attention is paid to the ways of information representation of the object spatial relationships on the local map and the methods of organizing pseudo-physical reasoning in a sign-based world model. The paper presents a number of model experiments on the relocation of a cognitive agent in different environments and replenishment of the state description by means of the variants of logical inference.
KeywordsSign Sign-based world model Relocation planning Reasoning modeling Pseudo-physical logic
This work was supported by Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Project No. 18-07-01011 and 17-29-07051).
- 3.Alford, R., Shivashankar, V., Roberts, M., Frank, J., Aha, D.W.: Hierarchical planning: relating task and goal decomposition with task sharing. In: IJCAI International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 3022–3028 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Vinogradov, A.N., Osipov, G.S., Zhilyakova, L.Y.: Dynamic intelligent systems: I. Knowledge representation and basic algorithms. J. Comput. Syst. Sci. Int. 41, 953–960 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Osipov, G.S.: Limit behaviour of dynamic rule-based systems. Inf. Theor. Appl. 15, 115–119 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Pospelov, D.A., Osipov, G.S.: Knowledge in semiotic models. In: Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Applied Semiotics, Seventh International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Information-Control Systems of Robots (AIICSR97), Bratislava, pp. 1–12 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Galindo, C., Saffiotti, A., Coradeschi, S., Buschka, P., Fern, J.A., Gonz, J.: Multi-hierarchical semantic maps for mobile robotics. In Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Garrett, C.R., Lozano-Prez, T., Kaelbling, L.P.: Backward-forward search for manipulation planning. In: IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, (grant 1420927), pp. 6366–6373, December 2015Google Scholar
- 16.Osipov, G.S.: Sign-based representation and word model of actor. In: Yager, R., Sgurev, V., Hadjiski, M., and Jotsov, V. (eds.) 2016 IEEE 8th International Conference on Intelligent Systems (IS), pp. 22–26. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar