Spatial Clustering Group Based OFDMA Multiple Access Scheme for the Next Generation WLAN (Invited Paper)
- 862 Downloads
The next generation wireless local area network (WLAN) needs to significantly promote the area throughput in high dense scenario. OFDMA, considered as the key technology of next generation WLAN, has been adopted by IEEE 802.11ax. However, the existing studies on the OFDMA protocol have the interference extensions problem, i.e. multiple users are located in the dispersive area, and then the geographical interference area is expanded. In this paper, a spatial clustering group based OFDMA multiple access scheme (SCG-OFDMA) is proposed. SCG-OFDMA enables the users in close area to form spatial clustering groups dynamically, then the users in the spatial clustering group access channel and transmit data by OFDMA. It reduces the geographical interference area, and enhances the area throughput. Simulation results show that the area throughput of SCG-OFDMA is higher than OMAX and DCF by 20\(\%\) and 36\(\%\) respectively.
KeywordsWireless local area network High density scenario Spatial clustering group MAC OFDMA
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundations of CHINA (Grant No. 61271279, and No. 61501373), the National Science and Technology Major Project (Grant No. 2016ZX03001018-004), and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. 3102017ZY018).
- 1.Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update for 2015–2020 Whitepaper. http://www.cisco.com
- 5.IEEE 802.11ax Proposed Draft Specification. https://mentor.ieee.org
- 6.Qu, Q., Li, B., Yang, M., et al.: An OFDMA based concurrent multiuser MAC for upcoming IEEE 802.11ax. In: Wireless Communications and Networking Conference Workshops (WCNCW), pp. 136–141. IEEE, New Orleans (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, B., Qu, Q., Yan, Z., et al.: Survey on OFDMA based MAC protocols for the next generation WLAN. In: Wireless Communications and Networking Conference Workshops (WCNCW), pp. 131–135. IEEE, New Orleans (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Lin, W., Li, B., Yang, M., et al.: Integrated link-system level simulation platform for the next generation WLAN-IEEE 802.11 ax. In: Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. 1–7. IEEE, Washington (2016)Google Scholar