A Theory of Secondary Palate Formation
Ferguson’s accurate observations do not only contribute to understand palatal shelf elevation but also the formation of the palate and nose in entirety.
KeywordsPalatal Shelf Secondary Palate Paleontological Evidence Dermal Bone Palate Development
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Buffetaut E (1979) The evolution of the crocodilians. Sci Am 341(4):124–132Google Scholar
- King A, King D (1979) Avian morphology. In: King A, McLelland J (eds) Form and function in birds. Academic, London, pp 1–38Google Scholar
- Langston W. Jr (1973) The crocodilian skull in historical perspective. In: Gans C (ed) Biology of the reptilia Part 4 (D). Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Moore W (ed) (1981) The mammalian skull. Biological structure and function. Cambridge University Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Romer A (1956) The early evolution of land vertebrates. Proc Am Philos Soc 100(3):157–167Google Scholar
- Romer A, Price L (1940) Review of the Pelycosauria. Geol Soc Amec Spec Papers 28:1–538Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag France 2013