Geometric Algebra Model of Distributed Representations
Formalism based on GA is an alternative to distributed representation models developed so far: Smolensky’s tensor product, Holographic Reduced Representations (HRR), and Binary Spatter Code (BSC). Convolutions are replaced by geometric products interpretable in terms of geometry, which seems to be the most natural language for visualization of higher concepts. This paper recalls the main ideas behind the GA model and investigates recognition test results using both inner product and a clipped version of matrix representation. The influence of accidental blade equality on recognition is also studied. Finally, the efficiency of the GA model is compared to that of previously developed models.
KeywordsCorrect Answer Geometric Algebra Potential Answer Geometric Product Object Construction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aerts, D., Czachor, M., De Moor, B.: On geometric-algebra representation of binary spatter codes. Preprint (2006). arXiv:cs/0610075 [cs.AI]
- 4.Aerts, D., Czachor, M., De Moor, B.: Geometric analogue of holographic reduced representation. Preprint (2007). arXiv:0710.2611
- 5.Bayro-Corrochano, E.: Handbook of Geometric Computing. Springer, Berlin (2005) Google Scholar
- 7.Dorst, L., Fontijne, D., Mann, S.: Geometric Algebra for Computer Science. Morgan-Kauffman, San Mateo (2007) Google Scholar
- 10.Kanerva, P.: Binary spatter codes of ordered k-tuples. In: von der Malsburg, C., et al. (eds.) Artificial Neural Networks ICANN Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1112, pp. 869–873. Springer, Berlin (1996) Google Scholar
- 11.Kanerva, P.: Fully distributed representation. In: Proc. 1997 Real World Computing Symposium (RWC’97, Tokyo), Real World Computing Partnership, Tsukuba-City, Japan, pp. 358–365 (1997) Google Scholar
- 13.Plate, T.: Holographic Reduced Representation: Distributed Representation for Cognitive Structures. CSLI Publications, Stanford (2003) Google Scholar