A Non-compaction Cardiomyopathy or Innocent LV Trabeculation?
This is a 17-year-old male, elite tennis player. The athlete has been playing at national level since the age of 12, participating in several national and international events. For his results, he was selected for inclusion in the Italian national team. Therefore, he underwent medical evaluation in our Institute, in accord to the mandate of the Italian National Olympic Committee. The athlete had been previously evaluated and cleared at national pre-participation screening program. His training program included daily training sessions of approximately 7 hours (h).
KeywordsCardiac Magnetic Resonance Daily Training Session Segmental Wall Motion Abnormality Ventricular Late Potential Left Ventricular Noncompaction
- 2.Cavusoglu Y, Ata N, Timuralp B, Gorenek B, Goktekin O, Kudaiberdieva G, et al. Noncompaction of the ventricular myocardium: report of two cases with bicuspid aortic valve demonstrating poor prognosis and with prominent right ventricular involvement. Echocardiography 2003, 20(4):379–383PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Chin TK, Perloff JK, Williams RG, Jue K, Mohrmann R. Isolated noncompaction of left ventricular myocardium. A study of eight cases. Circulation 1990, 82(2):507–513Google Scholar
- 10.Canale J, Cortes Lawrenz J, Moreno Valenzuela FG. Spongy cardiomyopathy in an elderly woman. Echocardiographic description. Arch Cardiol Mex 2005, 75(2):184–187Google Scholar
- 11.Cavusoglu Y, Tunerir B, Birdane A, Timuralp B, Ata N, Gorenek B, et al. Transesophageal echocardiographic diagnosis of ventricular noncompaction associated with an atrial septal aneurysm in a patient with dilated cardiomyopathy of unknown etiology. Can J Cardiol 2005, 21(8):705–707PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 18.Gambetta K, Cui W, El-Zein C, Roberson DA. Anomalous left coronary artery from the right sinus of valsalva and noncompaction of the left ventricle. Pediatr Cardiol 2008, 29(2): 434--437Google Scholar
- 20.Salerno JC, Chun TU, Rutledge JC. Sinus bradycardia, Wolff Parkinson White, and left ventricular noncompaction: an embryologic connection? Pediatr Cardiol 2008, 29(3): 679--682Google Scholar
- 23.Fazio G, Corrado G, Pizzuto C, Zachara E, Rapezzi C, Sulafa AK, et al. Supraventricular arrhythmias in noncompaction of left ventricle: is this a frequent complication? Int J Cardiol 2008, 127(2): 255--256Google Scholar