Visualization of Shaped Data by Cubic Spline Interpolation
This chapter reiterates the subject of the previous chapter. Instead of a rational cubic model, a polynomial cubic spline has been presented here for the same objective. A piecewise cubic spline has been introduced to preserve the shape of the data when it is convex, monotone or positive. The spline representation is interpolatory and applicable to the scalar valued data. The shape parameters, in the description of the cubic, have been constrained in such a way that they control the shape of the curve to avoid any noise. As far as visual smoothness is concerned, the curve scheme under discussion is GC1. Thus the continuity constraints have been relaxed from C1 to GC1.
KeywordsSpline Interpolation Positive Data Comput Graphic Spline Curve Previous Chapter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.Sakai, M., and Schmidt, J.W. (1988), Positive interpolation with rational splines, Computing, 140-147.Google Scholar
- 13.Sarfraz, M. (2003), A rational cubic spline for the visualization of monotonic data: an alternate approach, Int J Comput Graphics, Elsevier Science, 27(1), 107-121.Google Scholar
- 15.Sarfraz, M., Butt, S., and Hussain, M.Z. (2001), Visualization of shaped data by a rational cubic spline interpolation, Int J Comput Graphics, Elsevier Science, 25(5), 833-845.Google Scholar
- 16.Sarfraz, M. (2000), A rational cubic spline for the visualization of monotonic data, Int J Comput Graphics, Elsevier Science, 24(4), 509-516.Google Scholar
- 17.Sarfraz, M., Hussain, M.Z., Chaudhry, F.S. (2005), Shape-preserving data visualization with cubic splines, Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Information Sciences-JCIS’2005-USA, Etienne E. Kerre, Donald Hung, Dan Ventura, Manuel Grana Romay, Heng-Da Cheng, Hong Va Leong, Shu-Heng Chen, David K.Y. Chiu, Steve Blair, Paul P. Wang, Chris Tseng, Chang-Tien Lu, Jie Lu, M. Sarfraz (Eds.), pp. 1661-1664.Google Scholar
- 18.Sarfraz, M., Hussain, M.Z., and Chaudhry, F.S. (2005), Shape-preserving cubic spline for data visualization, Int J Comput Graphics CAD/CAM, International Scientific 1(6), 185-194.Google Scholar