Generalized Additive Models
- 2.3k Downloads
The models fit in Chap. 2 have two limitations. First, the conditional distribution of the response, given the predictors, is assumed to be Gaussian. Second, only a single predictor is allowed to have a smooth nonlinear effect—the other predictors are modeled linearly. The first limitation is addressed by using generalized linear models (GLMs), which remove the Gaussian assumption and allow the response variable to have other distributions such as those within the Binomial and Poisson families.
- Braglia, L. (2016). aplore3: Datasets from Hosmer, Lemeshow and Sturdivant, ‘Applied Logistic Regression’ (Third Edition, 2013). R package version 0.9. http://www.r-project.org.
- Chouldechova, A., Hastie, T., and Spinu, V. (2018). gamsel: Fit regularization path for generalized additive models. R package version 1.8.1 http://www.r-project.org.
- Croissant, Y. (2016). Ecdat: Data sets for econometrics. R package version 0.3. http://www.r-project.org.
- Dunn, P.K. and Smyth, G.K. (1996). Randomized quantile residuals. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 5, 236–244.Google Scholar
- Gu, C. (2017). gss: General smoothing splines. R package version 2.1. http://www.r-project.org.
- Guo, J., Gabry, J. and Goodrich, B. (2017). rstan: R interface to Stan. R package version 2.17.2.http://mc-stan.org.
- Hastie, T. J. (1992) Generalized additive models. Chapter 7 of Statistical Models in S eds J. M. Chambers and T. J. Hastie, Wadsworth & Brooks/Cole.Google Scholar
- Hastie, T. (2017a). gam: Generalized additive models. R package version 1.14. http://www.r-project.org.
- Hastie, T. (2017b). mda: Mixture and flexible discriminant analysis. R package version 0.4. http://www.r-project.org.
- Karatzoglou, A., Smola, A. and Hornik, K. (2016). kernlab: Kernel-based machine learning lab. R package version 0.9.http://www.r-project.org.
- Kleiber, C. and Kleiber, A. (2017). AER: Applied econometrics with R. R package version 1.2. http://cran.r-project.org.
- Kooperberg, C. (2015). polspline: Polynomial spline routines. R package version 1.1. http://www.r-project.org.
- Munnell, A.H., Tootell, G.M.B., Browne, L.E. and McEneaney, J. (1996). Mortgage lending in Boston: Interpreting HDMA data. American Economic Review, 25–53.Google Scholar
- Pya, N. (2017). scam: Shape constrained additive models. R package version 1.2-2.http://cran.r-project.org.
- Stasinopoulos, D.M. and Rigby, R.A. (2008). Generalized additive models for location scale and shape (GAMLSS) in R. Journal of Statistical Software, 23, Issue 7, 1–46.Google Scholar
- Stasinopoulos, M. and Rigby, B. (2017). gamlss: Generalised additive models for location scale and shape. R package version 5.0.http://www.gamlss.org/.
- Tibshirani, R., Tibshirani, R., Taylor, J., Loftus, J. and Reid, S. (2017). selectiveInference: Tools for post-selection inference. R package version 1.2.4. http://cran.r-project.org.
- Wood, S.N. (2017). mgcv: Mixed GAM computation vehicle with GCV/AIC/REML smoothness estimation. R package version 1.8.http://cran.r-project.org.
- Yee, T.W. (2010). The VGAM package for categorical data analysis. Journal of Statistical Software, 32, Issue 10, 1–34.Google Scholar
- Yee, T.W. (2017). VGAM: Vector generalized linear and additive models. R package version 1.0. http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~yee/VGAM.
- Zhang, H.H. and Lin, C-Y. (2013). cosso: Fit regularized nonparametric regression models using COSSO. R package version 2.1. http://www.r-project.org.
- Zhao, T., Li, X., Liu, H. and Roeder, K. (2014) SAM: Sparse additive modeling. R package version 1.0.5. http://www.r-project.org.