Real Geo-Social Recommender System
This chapter presents a real-world recommender system for LBSNs. GeoSocialRec (http://delab.csd.auth.gr/geosocialrec) allows to test, evaluate and compare different recommendation styles in an online setting, where the users of GeoSocialRec actually receive recommendations during their check-in process. The system’s experimental evaluation checks its performance in terms of accurate recommendations. Moreover, we present a user study for evaluating different styles of explanations that come along with a recommendation to users.
- 1.M. Brand, Incremental singular value decomposition of uncertain data with missing values, in Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Copenhagen (2002), pp. 707–720Google Scholar
- 3.P.R. Monge, N. Contractor, Theories of Communication Networks (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.A. Papadimitriou, P. Symeonidis, Y. Manolopoulos, Friendlink: link prediction in social networks via bounded local path traversal, in Proceedings of the 3rd Conference on Computational Aspects of Social Networks (CASON), Salamanca (2011), pp. 66–71Google Scholar
- 5.B. Sarwar, G. Karypis, J. Konstan, J. Riedl, Incremental singular value decomposition algorithms for highly scalable recommender systems, in Proceedings 5th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), Dhaka (2002), pp. 27–28Google Scholar
- 6.V. Zheng, B. Cao, Y. Zheng, X. Xie, Q. Yang, Collaborative filtering meets mobile recommendation: a user-centered approach, in Proceedings of the 24th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Atlanta, GA (2010), pp. 236–241Google Scholar