This book was generated by two phenomena: (1) young women’s dilemmas about careers, marriage, and children; and (2) growing awareness of inequity in research attention to women as contrasted to men, especially in regard to careers.
KeywordsDepression Aspirin Expense Arena Heroine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fuchs, V. R. (1988). Women’s quest for economic equality. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Güligan, C, Brown, L. M., & Rogers, A. G. (1990). Psyche imbedded. In A. I. Rabin, R. A. Zucker, R. E. Emmons, & S. Frank (Eds.), Studying persons and lives (pp. 86–147). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Gutmann, D. (1980). Observations on culture and mental health in later life. In J. E. Birren & R. B. Sloane (Eds.), Handbook of mental health and aging. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Hochschild, A., & Machung, A. (1989). The second shift: Working parents and the revolution at home. New York: Penguin.Google Scholar
- McAdams, D. P. (1990). Unity and purpose in human lives. In A. I. Rabin, R. A. Zucker, R. E. Emmons, and S. Frank (Eds.), Studying persons and lives (pp. 148–200). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Nadel, M. V. (1990). National Institutes of Health: Problems in implementing policy on women in study populations. Testimony before the House of Representatives. Washington, D.C.: U.S. General Accounting Office.Google Scholar
- Palmore, E. B., Burchett, B. M., Fillenbaum, G. G., George, L. K., & Wallman, L. M. (1985). Retirement: Causes and consequences. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Schwartz, F. N. (1989). Management women and the new facts of life. Harvard Business Review, 67, 65–77.Google Scholar
- Spencer, G. (1984). Projections of the population of the United States, by age, sex, and race: 1983–2080. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Bureau of the Census.Google Scholar
- Swoboda, M. J. (1990). Front line news. University Women, 17 (7). University of Wisconsin System Administration, Office of Equal Opportunity Programs and Policy Studies, Madison, Wisconsin.Google Scholar
- Thomas, A. (September 10, 1990). For release. HHS News. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.Google Scholar
- Waxman, H. A. (1990). Opening statement. A hearing on the reauthorization of the National Institutes of Health. Washington, D.C.: U.S. House of Representatives.Google Scholar