The earliest physical experiences of very young children are spatial (geometric) rather than arithmetic.
KeywordsFamiliar Object Perceptual Feature Perceptual Activity Ball Roll Topological Relationship
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anthony C. Maffei and Patricia Buckley, Teaching Preschool Math: Foundations and Activities (New York: Human Sciences Press/Plenum, 1980), p. 150.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Gruber and J. Voneche, eds., Essential Piaget (New York: Basic Books, 1977), p. 586.Google Scholar
- 3.Ibid, p. 589.Google Scholar
- 4.Ibid, p. 593.Google Scholar
- 5.Ibid.Google Scholar
- 6.Pulaski, Piaget, p. 165.Google Scholar
- 7.Gruber and Voneche, Essential Piaget, p. 260.Google Scholar
- 8.Ibid, p. 264.Google Scholar
- 9.Ibid, p. 566.Google Scholar
- 10.Ibid, p. 568Google Scholar
- 11.Mary Ann Spencer Pulaski, Understanding Piaget (New York: Harper & Row, 1979), p. 178.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1992