Before we get more into the people and places that make up the network of consensual sadomasochism, let us play with further concepts essential for our understanding.
KeywordsPsychoanalytic Theory Erotic Desire Male Pornography Amoral Order Serial Rapist
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stoller, R. J. Perversion. New York: Pantheon, 1975.Google Scholar
- Stoller, R. J. Sexual Excitement. New York: Pantheon, 1979.Google Scholar
- Stoller, R. J. Observing the Erotic Imagination. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1985a.Google Scholar
- 2.Foucault, M. “Sexual Choice, Sexual Act: An Interview with Michel Foucault.” Fall 1982-Winter 1983, p. 17. Salamagundi, Nos. 58-59: 10-24.Google Scholar
- 3.Goldman, R. Principles of Medical Science. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1973.Google Scholar
- 4.Foucault, M. The Order of Things. New York: Vintage Books, 1970, p. xv.Google Scholar
- 5.Colby, K. M., and Spar, J. E. The Fundamental Crisis in Psychiatry. Springfield, IL: Charles C Thomas, 1983.Google Scholar
- 6.Stoller, R. J. Presentations of Gender. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1985b.Google Scholar
- 8.Herdt, G. H. Guardians of the Flutes. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.Stern, D. N. The Interpersonal World of the Infant. New York: Basic Books, 1985.Google Scholar
- 10.Stoller, 1985a.Google Scholar
- 11.Masson, J. M. The Assault on Truth. New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1984.Google Scholar
- 12.Stoller, 1985a.Google Scholar
- 13.Herdt, G. Personal communication, 1989.Google Scholar
- 14.Genet, J. The Balcony, revised version, translated by B. Frechtman. New York: Grove Press, 1966.Google Scholar
- 15.McDougall, J. Theaters of the Mind. New York: Basic Books, 1985.Google Scholar
- 17.Person, E. S. Dreams of Love and Fateful Encounters. New York-London: W. W. Norton, 1988.Google Scholar
- 18.Arlow, J. A. “A Type of Play Observed in Boys during the Latency Period.” In Separation-Individuation, edited by J. McDevitt and C. Settlage. New York: International Universities Press, 1978.Google Scholar
- Arlow, J. A. “Character Perversion.” In Currents in Psychoanalysis, edited by I. M. Marcus. New York: International Universities Press, 1971.Google Scholar
© Robert J. Stoller 1991