Difficulties of the Big Bang Model
In Chapter 1 we saw that despite its success, the big bang model still has a number of difficulties. In this chapter we will take a closer look at these difficulties, and at a number of difficulties that are not necessarily associated with the big bang, but arc problems nevertheless.
KeywordsEarly Universe Density Fluctuation Grand Unify Theory Magnetic Monopole South Pole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cohen, Nathan, Gravity’s Lens (New York: Wiley, 1988).Google Scholar
- Krauss, Lawrence, The Fifth Essence (New York: Basic Books, 1989).Google Scholar
- Lerner, Eric, The Big Bang Never Happened (New York: Times Books, 1991).Google Scholar
- Lightman, Alan, Ancient Light (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1991).Google Scholar
- Lightman, Alan, and Brawer, Roberta, Origins (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1990).Google Scholar