Screening of Antineoplastic Agents with Neurospora Crassa
The author of this presentation has not participated in the screening program of biological beers. He has, however, analyzed chemically defined compounds and microbial systems employed in the testing of both potential and established Chemotherapeutic agents.
KeywordsCaffeine Amethopterin Folic Acid Adenine Purine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fuerst, R., and Higgins, R. W. The biology of some thiophene compounds. In Preparation.Google Scholar
- Fuerst, R., Hsu, T. C., and Somers, C.D. 1956 Neurospora crassa as an assay organism for antimetabolites. Bact. Proc., 32.Google Scholar
- Fuerst, R., and Skellenger, W.M. 1958 A Neurospora plate method for testing antimetabolites. Antibiotics & Chemotherapy, 8, 76–80.Google Scholar
- Rhoads, C. P., Ed. 1955 Antimetabolites and Cancer: A Symposium. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 89–105.Google Scholar
- Somers, C. E., Fuerst, R., and Hsu,T. C. 1957 Studies on 4-aminopyrazolo(3,4-d) pyrimidine: structural relationships among inhibiting and relieving agents in Neurospora Antibiotics Chemotherapy, 7, 363–373.Google Scholar