Field-Induced Quantized Magnetic Ordering in Quasi-One-Dimensional Conductors
The purpose of this paper is to give a theoretical interpretation of the novel properties of Bechgaard salts in strong magnetic field1. These organic compounds are considered as the first examples of a whole class of materials exhibiting the same magnetic phenomena. The only conditions to belong to this class are, interactions favouring electron-hole pairing and a strong anisotropy of the electron band structure, more precisely the hierarchy in the electron transfer integrals along the three crystal axes: ta » tb » tc.
KeywordsFermi Level Wave Vector Fermi Surface Hall Effect Quantized Hall Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.For an experimental review, see P. M. Chaikin, this issue, and M. Ribault, ibid.Google Scholar
- 5.D. Poilblanc, M. Héritier, G. Montambaux and P. Lederer, J. Phys. C 19, L 293 (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.D. Poilblanc, G. Montambaux, M. Héritier and P. Lederer, to appearGoogle Scholar
- 10.G. Montambaux, this issueGoogle Scholar
- 14.D. Poilblanc et al. to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 15.J. Friedel (private communication).Google Scholar
- 16.P. M. Chaikin, this issue.Google Scholar