Identification of Penicillium Species Isolated from an Agricultural Loess Soil in Germany
Of more than 5000 fungal isolates which were recovered from an agricultural loess soil in Germany, 20% were Penicillium and were identified as 15 species. One species close to P.janthinellum of unclear identity is described and discussed in detail.
KeywordsSugar Agar Penicillin Aspergillus Fusarium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Biourge, P. 1923. Les moisisssures du groupe Penicillium Link. La Cellule 33: 7–331.Google Scholar
- Chalabuda, T.V. 1950. Species novae e genere Penicillium Link. Botaniceskie Materialy Otdela Sporovych Rastenij/Akademija Nauk Sssr 6: 168.Google Scholar
- Feyk, M. and Pretsch, K. 1988. Bodenkundliche Spezialkartierung des BBA-Versuchsstandortes Ahlum bei Wolfenbüttel. Hannover: Niedersächsisches Landesamt für Bodenforschung.Google Scholar
- Pitt, J.I. 1979. The genus Penicillium and its teleomorphic states Eupenicillium and Talaromyces. London: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Raper, K.B. and Thom, C. 1949: A manual of the Penicillia. Blatimore: Williams and WilkinsGoogle Scholar