The victims: older people and their carers in a domestic setting
So what is the profile of an abused person? Is there one? Ten years ago I was more certain than now, but I do think we can still be confident of certain characteristics.
KeywordsArthritis Dementia Income Hate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Block, R. and Sinnott, J. (eds) (1979) The Battered Elder Syndrome: an exploratory study, US Center on Aging, Maryland.Google Scholar
- Cazenave, N. A. (1983) Elder Abuse and Black Americans: Incidence, Correlates, Treatment and Prevention, in Abuse and Maltreatment of the Elderly - Causes and Interventions (ed. J. Kosberg), John Wright, Boston, Bristol and London, section II, chapter II.Google Scholar
- Chen, P.N., Bell, S., Dolinsky, D. et al. (1981) Elderly abuse in domestic settings: a pilot study. The Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 4 (1).Google Scholar
- Eastman, M.L. (1984) Old Age Abuse, Age Concern, Mitcham.Google Scholar
- House of Representatives (1981) Report of the Hearing of the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- Legal Resources and Service for the Elderly (1979) Elder Abuse in Massachusetts: A Summary of Professionals and Para-professionals, Boston.Google Scholar
- Sutton, C. (1992) Confronting Elder Abuse, HMSO, London, pp. 5–6.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 1994