The victims: older people and their carers in a domestic setting
So what is the profile of an abused person? Is there one? Ten years ago I was more certain than now, but I do think we can still be confident of certain characteristics.
KeywordsPersonality Disorder Family Violence Elder Abuse Domestic Setting Residential Care Home
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Block, R. and Sinnott, J. (eds) (1979) The Battered Elder Syndrome: an exploratory study, US Center on Aging, Maryland.Google Scholar
- Cazenave, N. A. (1983) Elder Abuse and Black Americans: Incidence, Correlates, Treatment and Prevention, in Abuse and Maltreatment of the Elderly - Causes and Interventions (ed. J. Kosberg), John Wright, Boston, Bristol and London, section II, chapter II.Google Scholar
- Chen, P.N., Bell, S., Dolinsky, D. et al. (1981) Elderly abuse in domestic settings: a pilot study. The Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 4 (1).Google Scholar
- Eastman, M.L. (1984) Old Age Abuse, Age Concern, Mitcham.Google Scholar
- House of Representatives (1981) Report of the Hearing of the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- Legal Resources and Service for the Elderly (1979) Elder Abuse in Massachusetts: A Summary of Professionals and Para-professionals, Boston.Google Scholar
- Sutton, C. (1992) Confronting Elder Abuse, HMSO, London, pp. 5–6.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 1994