Copolymers can be produced in very different ways: they can be produced from a single monomer or a single homopolymer, from two or more monomers or from a polymer and one or more monomers. But the term copolymerization is only used when the starting material consists of at least two different reaction partners.
KeywordsFree Radical Copolymerization Methyl Methacrylate Maleic Anhydride Vinyl Ether Vinyl Acetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. J. Alfrey, J. J. Bohrer, and H. Mark, Copolymerization, Interscience, New York, 1952.Google Scholar
- G. E. Ham, (ed.), Copolymerization, Interscience, New York, 1964.Google Scholar
- R. A. Patsiga, Copolymerization of vinyl monomers with ring compounds, J. Macromol. Sci. C (Rev. Macromol. Chem.) 1, 223 (1967).Google Scholar
- A. Valvassori and G. Sartori, Present status of the multicopolymerization theory, Adv. Polym. Sci. 5, 28 (1967/ 1968 ).Google Scholar
- S. Iwatsuki and Y. Yamashita, Radical alternating copolymerizations, Prog. Polym. Sci. Japan 2, 1 (1971).Google Scholar
- J. Furukawa, Alternating copolymers of diolefins and olefinic compounds, Prog. Polym. Sci. Japan 5, 1 (1973).Google Scholar
- A. Rudin, Calculation of monomer reactivity ratios from multicomponent copolymerization results, Comput. Chem. Instr. 6, 117 (1977).Google Scholar
- Y. Shirota and H. Mikawa, Thermally and photochemically induced charge-transfer polymerizations, J. Macromol. Sci.—Rev. Macromol. Chem. C16, 129 (1977–1978).Google Scholar
- J. M. Pearson, S. R. Turner, and A. Ledwith, The nature and applications of charge-transfer phenomena in polymers and related systems, in Molecular Association:Including Molecular Complexes, Vol. 2, R. Foster (ed.), Academic Press, New York, 1979.Google Scholar
- P. Wittmer, Kinetics of copolymerization, Makromol. Chem., Suppl. 3, 129 (1979).Google Scholar
- K. Ptochoka, Effect of the reaction medium on radical copolymerization, J. Macromol. Sci.-Rev. Macromol. Chem. C 20, 67 (1981).Google Scholar
- S. M. Samoilov, Propylene radical copolymerization, J. Macromol. Sci.-Rev. Macromol. Chem. C 20, 333 (1981).Google Scholar