A prerequisite for invasion of host plants by some plant pathogenic fungi is a differentiation of nonpathogenic spores into germinating spores that are accompanied by formation of the appressorium, which functions as an infection structure.
KeywordsGerminate Cellulase Coumarine Glucan Kato
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kubo, Y., 1986, Melanin biosynthesis in fungi, Trans. Mycol. Soc. Jpn. 27: 487–500.Google Scholar
- Kubo, Y.. Suzuki, K., Furusawa, I., and Yamamoto, M., 1983, Scytalone as a natural intermediate of melanin biosynthesis in appressoria of Colletotrichumn lagerta•iurn, Exp. Mycol. 7: 208–215.Google Scholar
- Kubo, Y., Suzuki, K., Furusawa, I., and Yamamoto, M., 1985, Melanin biosynthesis as a prerequisite for penetration by appressoria of Colletotrichum lagenarium: Site of inhibition by melanin-inhibiting fungicides and their action on appressoria, Pestic. Biochem. Physiol. 23: 47–55.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kuo, M. J., and Alexander, M., 1967, Inhibition of the lysis of fungi by melanins, J. Bacterial. 94: 624–629.Google Scholar
- Lockwood, J. L., 1960, Lysis of mycelium of plant pathogenic fungi by natural soil, Phytopathology 50: 787–789.Google Scholar
- Omura, S., 1976, The antibiotic cerulenin, a novel tool for biochemistry as an inhibitor of fatty acid synthesis, Bacterial. Rev. 40: 681–697.Google Scholar
- Polacheck, I., and Rosenberger, R. F., 1977, Aspergillus nidulans mutant lacking a-(1,3)-glucan, melanin, and cleistothecia, J. Bacterial. 132: 650–656.Google Scholar
- Potgieter, H. J., and Alexander, M., 1966, Susceptibility and resistance of several fungi to microbial lysis, J. Bacterial. 91: 1526–1532.Google Scholar
- Sussman, A. S., 1968, Longevity and survivability of fungi, in: The Fungi, Volume III ( G. C. Ainsworth and A. S. Sussman, eds.), Academic Press, New York, pp. 447–486.Google Scholar
- Suzuki, K., Furusawa, I., Ishida, N., and Yamamoto, M., 1981, Protein synthesis during germination and appressorium formation of Colletotrichum lagenarium spores, J. Gen. Microbial. 124: 61–69.Google Scholar
- Suzuki, K., Furusawa, I., ishida, N., and Yamamoto, M., 1982a, Chemical dissolution of cellulose membranes as a prerequisite for penetration from appressoria of Colletotrichum lagenarium, J. Gen. Microbial. 128: 1035–1039.Google Scholar
- Woloshuk, C. P., and Sisler, H. D., 1982, ‘Iricyclazole, pyroquilon, tetrachlorophthalide, PCBA, coumarine and related compounds inhibit melanization and epidermal penetration by Pyricularia oryzae, J. Pestic. Sci. 7: 161–166.Google Scholar
- Woloshuk, C. P., Sisler, H. D., and Vigil, E. L., 1983, Action of antipenetrant, tricyclazole on appressoria of Pyricularia oryzae, Physiol. Plant Pathol. 22: 245–259.Google Scholar