Varieties of Algebras with no Nontrivial Finite Members
New examples of varieties with no nontrivial finite members given in this paper improve some earlier results or answer some open questions in this area. In particular, a generalization of Marczewski’s problem presented at the International Algebra Conference in Lisbon, June 88, is shown to have a solution in the negative.
KeywordsVariety Versus Finite Type Unary Algebra Universal Algebra Finite Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Dudek, , Polynomially infinite varieties of algebras I, Math. Inst. Univ. Wroclaw, Preprint no 30.Google Scholar
- J. Dudek, , A note on models of identities, Algebra Universalis, 25, 400-401.Google Scholar
- J. Dudek and A. Kisielewicz, [a], On finite models of regular identities, Notre Dame J. Formal Logic, to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Kisielewicz, , Marczewsk’s problem on algebras with bases of different cardinalities — solution and generalization, Bull. Acad. Pol. Sci., Sér. Sci. Math. Astr. Phys., to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Kisielewicz, [a], On algebras with bases of different cardinalities, Fund. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- W. Taylor, , Equational Logic, Houston J. Math., survey iss.Google Scholar