What Would We Like to Know About n(p) in Nuclear Physics?
The momentum distribution n(k) is analyzed in terms of the spectral function P(k, E). It is shown that n(k) can be viewed as a sum of two separate terms. The first is associated with the one nucleon emission processes and give us information on the shell model picture of nuclei. The other term is due to multinucleon emission and is very much spread out in energy This term is strongly associated with the N-N correlations in nuclei and its measurement as a function of the mass number A would be most interesting. Recent microscopic calculations of the momentum distribution and of the spectral function are reviewed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Frois and C. N. Papanicolas, Ann. Rev. Nucl. Part. Sci. 37 (1987) 4133 and references therein.Google Scholar
- E.N.M. Quint, Thesis, University of Amsterdam (1988).Google Scholar
- P.K.A.De Witt Huberts, Electron-Nucleus Scattering, A. Fabrocini et al. Eds. (World Scientific, Singapore,1989), 349.Google Scholar
- S. Frullani and J. Mougey, Adv. Nucl. Phys. 14 (1984) 1.Google Scholar
- O. Benhar, A. Fabrocini and S. Fantoni, Nucl. Phys. A(1988) in press; Electron-Nucleus Scattering, A. Fabrocini et al. Eds. (World Scientific, Singapore,1989), 330.Google Scholar
- O. Benhar, A. Fabrocini and S. Fantoni, preprint (1989)INFN-ISS89/2.Google Scholar
- I. Sick, contribution in this volume.Google Scholar
- V. R. Pandharipande, private communication.Google Scholar
- E. Migli, A. Fabrocini and S. Fantoni, to be published.Google Scholar
- E. Feenberg, Theory of Quantum Fluids, Academic Press, N.Y., 1969.Google Scholar
- J.W. Clark, contribution in this volume.Google Scholar
- D. Gogny, in Nuclear Physics with Electromagnetic interactions, eds. H. Arhenovel and D. Drechsel, Lecture Notes in Physics 108 (1979) 88.Google Scholar
- R. Schiavilla, Electron-Nucleus Scattering, A. Fabrocini et al. Eds. (World Scientific, Singapore,1989), 236.Google Scholar
- W.H. Dickoff, contribution in this volume.Google Scholar
- A.B. Migdal, JETP (Sov.Phys.) 119 (1960) 1153.Google Scholar
- O. Benhar, A. Fabrocini and S. Fantoni, preprint (1989) IFUP-TH 3/89.Google Scholar