The Chemistry of Silicon Deposition from Hydride Decomposition
Kinetic studies of Si CVD from SiH4 were carried out under conditions permitting separation of the process into its SiH4 and homogeneous (Si2H6, Si3H8 and higher hydride) reaction components. The reactivities of the individual species on atomically clean Si(111)−(7×7) surfaces were also measured. These experiments illustrate the information that must be obtained before attempting to model the overall CVD reaction.
KeywordsFilm Growth High Silane Silicon Deposition Silicon Hydride Chemisorption Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.B. A. Scott, R. D. Estes and D. B. Beach, “Silicon Chemistry, “ Proc. Eight Internat. Symp. Silicon Chem., Ellis Horwood Publishers, Ltd., 1987, pp. 367-375.Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Scott, R. D. Estes and J. M. Jasinski, J. Chem. Phys. (in press).Google Scholar
- 7.B. S. Meyerson, B. A. Scott and R. Tsui, Chemtronics 1, 150 (1986).Google Scholar
- 13.C.M. Greenlief and S.M. Gates (to be published).Google Scholar
- 14.S. M. Gates, C. M. Greenlief and D. B. Beach (to be published).Google Scholar